[Support] knex666 - Nextcloud

4 hours ago, ijuarez said:

Wondering if you pushed a docker update?

Got notification that there was one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Are you on repository :latest? If so you will get all new updates from the official image. if they update it.
18.0.3 is the latest image.

Hi,

I already have a previous installation on my server following spaceinvaderones guide.

I would like to install this one on a new server similtaneously on another domain until in a position to shut the previous one down

Unless I am missing something I would need another instance of letsencrypt?

I am probably (hopefully) overthinking this but I have been really struggling to get this working.

can anyone confirm if it is possible or and even throw in a pointer or two if it is! 🙂

Edited by mbc0
2 hours ago, mbc0 said:

Unless I am missing something I would need another instance of letsencrypt?

I am probably (hopefully) overthinking this but I have been really struggling to get this working.

can anyone confirm if it is possible or and even throw in a pointer or two if it is! 🙂

Hey, this is no problem. I have 2 instances one for my private stuff one for friends.

You just need a new entry in your letsentrytp config that points your new subtomain to this instance.

I have both running on br0 on IPV6 thats why it was very very easy to get this working.

Cheers

11 minutes ago, knex666 said:

Hey, this is no problem. I have 2 instances one for my private stuff one for friends.

You just need a new entry in your letsentrytp config that points your new subtomain to this instance.

I have both running on br0 on IPV6 thats why it was very very easy to get this working.

Cheers

ah, this is good new! 🙂 Thank you!

I presume you dont mean you do this by filling out the template as there is only room to put one domain, unless is it comma seperated? or do you add another variable to the template?

Annotation 2020-04-02 140826.jpg

Am I doing something wrong? I wanted this container because it has onlyoffice built in, and I've never ever been able to install onlyoffice before for some reason.

But added this docker, ran it, and supposedly I should be able to just click on + and create new word or spreadsheet straight away, right?

image.png.c9454fe368c4c8def3916c656f25ddfa.png

Only thing I did differently when I added the container was setting a static IP to 192.168.0.33.

3 hours ago, C-Fu said:

Am I doing something wrong? I wanted this container because it has onlyoffice built in, and I've never ever been able to install onlyoffice before for some reason.

But added this docker, ran it, and supposedly I should be able to just click on + and create new word or spreadsheet straight away, right?

Only thing I did differently when I added the container was setting a static IP to 192.168.0.33.

Hi, thats not ok.

Did you see this Screen on installation? Or did you skip install AddOns?

The static ip will not be a problem.

Cheers

11 hours ago, knex666 said:

Hi, thats not ok.

Did you see this Screen on installation? Or did you skip install AddOns?

The static ip will not be a problem.

Yes I did. Didn't click on anything, no errors. This is my 2nd install, still no go.

Gonna try a 3rd time lol. I don't suppose I have to install a separate onlyoffice container first?

52 minutes ago, C-Fu said:

Yes I did. Didn't click on anything, no errors. This is my 2nd install, still no go.

Gonna try a 3rd time lol. I don't suppose I have to install a separate onlyoffice container first?

Okay,

just to be clear - you are very shure you´re installing this docker and not LSIO (linuxserver.io) ? (repository is set to nextcloud:latest(or version number))

second: you are shure you did not skip that?

image.png.3e3cbb04325075d06128d5f6905745fb.png

If you could answere both with yes we should meet at discord or skype.

Cheers

• Like 1
3 hours ago, knex666 said:

just to be clear - you are very shure you´re installing this docker and not LSIO (linuxserver.io) ? (repository is set to nextcloud:latest(or version number))

second: you are shure you did not skip that?

Very sure.

This is my image config:

And I recorded a video. But hey, it works at the 3rd time of install lol!

Steps I did:

1. Open a terminal in unraid, and rm -rf /mnt/user/appdata/Nextcloud folder

2. Created this image and run it

image.png.10675e8f4444ded2821c74264269063f.png

3. Start the install. Note that it says some apps failed to install, not sure which app. During my first and second try, it didn't mention any error.

4. This time it... works! Not sure why. I made a video, fast forwarded most of the really long parts this time. Slightly longer than a minute. I don't mind talking via discord. I'm at the unofficial unraid discord server https://discordapp.com/invite/qWPbc8R

Edited by C-Fu
  • Haha 1
8 hours ago, C-Fu said:

@knex666

Tried to manually reinstall onlyoffice from nextcloud's app store/list, and this is what it says:

image.png.03ed3569eab128a7d2c030013f6b8001.png

Why Did you Do that, in your last Video you showed that everything is working well including onlyoffice. 

After Installation it Should be working out of the box.

If you change your IP that could be a reason to have a look to the onlyoffice settings. 

5 hours ago, knex666 said:

Why Did you Do that, in your last Video you showed that everything is working well including onlyoffice. 

I did it because if it works, I will have to deploy this into a number of places namely in a few offices of mine. So it's quite important for me to know if I can recreate the error, it would mean it's not my unraid or internet or my side in general that's the issue.

Basically, because I wanna know if the error is from my side or a bug in the package.

I destroyed the container, removed the nextcloud appdata folder and recreated the container again and seems like the error is there. But if I manually download Community Document Server it works. So right now I'm guessing... it's an issue with my internet. Will try again in a few hours tonight :D

47 minutes ago, C-Fu said:

I did it because if it works, I will have to deploy this into a number of places namely in a few offices of mine. So it's quite important for me to know if I can recreate the error, it would mean it's not my unraid or internet or my side in general that's the issue.

Basically, because I wanna know if the error is from my side or a bug in the package.

I destroyed the container, removed the nextcloud appdata folder and recreated the container again and seems like the error is there. But if I manually download Community Document Server it works. So right now I'm guessing... it's an issue with my internet. Will try again in a few hours tonight :D

okay, this is a bit more advanced. and a bit offtopic here. nice that you are getting it to work. The curl error is very common and has to do with the package size of the document server app. maybe that will help you out. I am on discord for further discussion

• Thanks 1

@knex666 I had, as mentioned some time ago, the exact same problem; solved it with an external onlyoffice docker. Reinstalling for me did nothing! Very strange is it not?

Have a follow op question: I can't acces the mounted data folder from a windows machine (the mounted folder is a share on the unraid server). 

I thought this had to do with:

ExtraParams: --user 99:100 --sysctl net.ipv4.ip_unprivileged_port_start=0

PostArgs: && docker exec -u 0 NAME_OF_THIS_CONTAINER /bin/sh -c 'echo "umask 000" >> /etc/apache2/envvars'

So I added these to the specific textboxes, but no dice unfortanatly. Can you help me debug this problem?

I really appreciate the time you invest in this thread!!

3 hours ago, robertoal said:

@knex666 I had, as mentioned some time ago, the exact same problem; solved it with an external onlyoffice docker. Reinstalling for me did nothing! Very strange is it not?

Are you running on a X64 Machine? Then that should work if you install all apps from the start.

Have a follow op question: I can't acces the mounted data folder from a windows machine (the mounted folder is a share on the unraid server). 

I thought this had to do with:

ExtraParams: --user 99:100 --sysctl net.ipv4.ip_unprivileged_port_start=0

PostArgs: && docker exec -u 0 NAME_OF_THIS_CONTAINER /bin/sh -c 'echo "umask 000" >> /etc/apache2/envvars'

So I added these to the specific textboxes, but no dice unfortanatly. Can you help me debug this problem?

I really appreciate the time you invest in this thread!!

No the solution is just about the user rights you have at that folder.

If you are not able to access that folder maybe the share is set to private? 

Do have have access to other share folders?

13 minutes ago, knex666 said:

Are you running on a X64 Machine? Then that should work if you install all apps from the start.

Yes it is x64, and it should work but it doesn't (I did install the apps from the start) no matter now: it works with the external onlyoffice docker.

No the solution is just about the user rights you have at that folder.

If you are not able to access that folder maybe the share is set to private? 

Do have have access to other share folders?

My path are set as follows:

image.png.890d1b514759edd383d59120cb335cfd.png 

I have acces to /mnt/user/nextcloud. (and can create folders/files, so the share is working)

I don't have acces to /mnt/user/nextcloud/data -> the error is: I do not have permission to acces the folder.

3 minutes ago, robertoal said:

Yes it is x64, and it should work but it doesn't (I did install the apps from the start) no matter now: it works with the external onlyoffice docker.

My path are set as follows:

I have acces to /mnt/user/nextcloud. (and can create folders/files, so the share is working)

I don't have acces to /mnt/user/nextcloud/data -> the error is: I do not have permission to acces the folder.

You are shure you are running nextcloud:latest as repository and not LSIO (linuxserver.io) version?

Ah okay. Thats because the changes of GUID etc. did not have effect to that folder if it is created.

You can exec it into the container and change the owner / rights or if you have no sensible data you can change chmod on that folder to get access.

Cheers

You are shure you are running nextcloud:latest as repository and not LSIO (linuxserver.io) version?

Absolutely sure!

Ah okay. Thats because the changes of GUID etc. did not have effect to that folder if it is created.

You can exec it into the container and change the owner / rights or if you have no sensible data you can change chmod on that folder to get access.

Can you please advise me on this? I have some bad experiences with changing rights of the nextcloud folder.. The last times I tried stuff like this nextcloud gave me the 'rights' error and after that the internal server error lol.

So the rights at this moment are in the docker container:

drwxrwx--- 1 www-data root   246 Mar 29 13:31 data

From the unraid terminal:

drwxrwx--- 1 sshd root 246 Mar 29 13:31 data/

If I get this correctly: the root folder on unraid itself (data in this case) does not inherit the rights given IN the docker container? 

So: if I add the users: 'nobody' and 'users' which is the same as the other shares:

drwxrwxrwx 1 nobody users     0 Mar 14 15:23 SHARE_NAME/

It should work?

Or do I need to change the rights in the docker container as well?

It would be great if the folder does not belong to the "root" group. Set chown to nobody:users.

You can do that in your normal terminal ssh to your unraid.

drwxrwx--- 1 nobody users 240 Apr  8 11:10 data/

If you are working with GUID etc. it will work. Otherwise it maybe throws some error.

Cheers

• Thanks 1
42 minutes ago, Abigel said:

Are the nextcloud data in Container Path: /var/www/html/data ?

why they are in appdata ? Will this not blow up the AppData folder?

And there is no option for the port-mapping ?

You can change everything on your belongings. If you want to store data somewhere else just change the folder mapping.

If you are running on host ip you should add a port-mapping. For me it seems to be the best way to run it on br0 with a seperate ip.

Cheers

6 minutes ago, knex666 said:

You can change everything on your belongings. If you want to store data somewhere else just change the folder mapping.

If you are running on host ip you should add a port-mapping. For me it seems to be the best way to run it on br0 with a seperate ip.

Cheers

Hi,

okay but how can i change the access to the nextcloud via https 443 and not port 80 ?

My mapping is now set with -p '445:443/tcp' -p '8080:80'

But i can only access with the 8080 and if i have only 443 with 445 it doesnt work.

I want only a secure access over https.

After editing the ports:

When I right-click the WebUI, it just opens the GUI of Unraid because it is accessed via port 80

Edited by Abigel
3 hours ago, knex666 said:

It would be great if the folder does not belong to the "root" group. Set chown to nobody:users.

You can do that in your normal terminal ssh to your unraid.

drwxrwx--- 1 nobody users 240 Apr  8 11:10 data/

If you are working with GUID etc. it will work. Otherwise it maybe throws some error.

Cheers

You sir are a king! Thank you VERY much. It works like a charm!

@Abigel 

If you change the portmapping from standard you have to manually add the port into browser:

x.x.x.x:NEW_PORT

Or: If you go to edit docker, and turn on advanced view in the top right corner you can change the WebUI text box to: 

http://[IP]:[PORT:80]/ (change the 80 with the non ssl port, or:

https://[IP]:[PORT:443] (change the 443 with the ssl port)

This enables the right click go to webui again.

Edited by robertoal
  • knex666 changed the title to [Support] knex666 - Nextcloud