[Support] knex666 - Nextcloud

2 hours ago, MatzeHali said:

Hi there,

running next cloud with your provided docker for a few weeks now and everything is smooth, there's just one question:

When connecting to app data via SMB, to directly up- or download files to the server without using the next cloud web interface, I can't access the data folder. It has a big one way street sign on it in Finder with MacOSX Catalina.

It does not make a difference with which user I log into the smb share.

Is there a way to change that, or is that by design and I can only put files on the next cloud shares utilising the web interface?

thx,

M

Is this an external SMB or the Shares of Unraid. Becuase Shares of Unraid is much easyer with volume mount -> youll find all in this thread about it.?

How to share local mount?

I found manual and proper extension: https://docs.nextcloud.com/server/19/admin_manual/configuration_files/external_storage_configuration_gui.html

Also I see this: https://docs.nextcloud.com/server/19/admin_manual/configuration_files/external_storage/local.html

but when i try to access folder i see error: "There was an error with message: Empty response from the server. Do you want to review mount point config in admin settings page?"

I can't do "sudo chown -R www-data:www-data /path/to/localdir" because of error: "chown: invalid user: ‘www-data:www-data’"

Edited by Nuke
On 7/27/2020 at 1:21 PM, Nuke said:

How to share local mount?

I found manual and proper extension: https://docs.nextcloud.com/server/19/admin_manual/configuration_files/external_storage_configuration_gui.html

Also I see this: https://docs.nextcloud.com/server/19/admin_manual/configuration_files/external_storage/local.html

but when i try to access folder i see error: "There was an error with message: Empty response from the server. Do you want to review mount point config in admin settings page?"

I can't do "sudo chown -R www-data:www-data /path/to/localdir" because of error: "chown: invalid user: ‘www-data:www-data’"

did you mount that folder. As described on the first page you have to volume mount the share folders to the container and than you can use that extension.

I dont think you need to setup rights for www-data that for.

Cheers

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...
On 7/21/2020 at 2:14 PM, knex666 said:

Is this an external SMB or the Shares of Unraid. Becuase Shares of Unraid is much easyer with volume mount -> youll find all in this thread about it.?

Hi.

The share is on the UnRAID, but I have now solved it by connecting via WebDAV in the Finder which works well.

Cheers,

M

I am still a newbie. I read through this whole forum I am having hard time understand the procedure to setup. It would be very helpful to me if anyone could point me where to get the step by step guide link. Firstly, how do I get into the Web UI of this nextcloud docker? There isn't any IP I could access locally.

image.thumb.png.7d42199edc64cb7028e5a6a237dcd68e.png

• 1 month later...

I have been experimenting with different sql databases in nextcloud after installing it based on the instructions in the first post. 

My recommendation would be to go with Postgres11 instead of MongoDB in general. The main difference is CPU utilisation of the NAS and achievable upload speed. With MongoDB my i3 processor was at 100% utilisation when uploading larger amounts of files. In general the upload was pretty slow and also the web performance of Nextcloud was not great. With MongoDB, on local ethernet with 1 Gbit/s I got a poor 5-15 MB/s of upload speed. With postgres11, I get around 40-100 MB/s, which is pretty good considering the available 1 Gbit/s. CPU usage went down to 50-70%, so looks like postgres is way more performant than MongoDB.

Here the instructions how to set up Postgres11 in unraid:

1.) install postgres11 from CA. In the template you need to create a postgres user and password. My user was simply "postgres"

2.) console into the postgres11 docker and run (it will ask you for the password you created):

su - postgres
createuser --interactive --pwprompt

3.) type "nextcloud" to create the user nextcloud and chooser again a password for the user account. 

Type no for following questions:
super user: No
db create: No
role create: No

4.) Type in the following commands to create a new database for nextcloud:

createdb nextcloud
psql
GRANT permissions ON DATABASE nextcloud TO nextcloud  

In the above command the first "nextcloud" is the database name whereas the 2nd "nextcloud" is the name of the user. 

5.) Set-up a clean Nextcloud docker container and select postgres for the database. 

Enter username, database name and password (the one for the nextcloud user) that we previously created. You need to replace localhost by the IP address and port name of the postgres11 docker container (the IP on the right side shown in port mappings next to the postgres docker container inside the unraid docker tab. 

In general the instructions are quite similar as for MongoDB, so whoever has done the MongoDB set-up will feel that this is very familiar. 

Edited by rob_robot
8 hours ago, haptizum said:

New to this install. Everything installed fine. Only issue I am having is I can't delete files. I am getting a "Server replied "423 Locked" to DELETE http://ipaddess_of_host" and I am not sure what to do.

Thats all about file rights on that folder. use chown and chmod to corret it.

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/8/2020 at 9:10 AM, Abigel said:

Hi,

after upgrading Nextcloud to version 20 via a docker update, when I open a document, I get the following
"ONLYOFFICE is currently not available. "

I cannot confirm that. Please check your configuration. Did the upgrade run into errors?

On 9/21/2020 at 12:24 PM, rob_robot said:

Я экспериментировал с разными базами данных sql в nextcloud после его установки на основе инструкций в первом посте. 

Я бы рекомендовал использовать Postgres11 вместо MongoDB в целом. Основное отличие - это загрузка ЦП NAS и достижимая скорость загрузки. С MongoDB мой процессор i3 был загружен на 100% при загрузке больших объемов файлов. В целом загрузка была довольно медленной, а производительность Nextcloud в Интернете была невысокой. С MongoDB в локальном Ethernet с 1 Гбит / с я получил плохую скорость загрузки 5-15 МБ / с. С postgres11 я получаю около 40-100 МБ / с, что довольно неплохо, учитывая доступный 1 Гбит / с. Использование ЦП снизилось до 50-70%, поэтому похоже, что postgres намного производительнее, чем MongoDB.

Вот инструкция, как настроить Postgres11 в unraid:

1.) установить postgres11 из CA. В шаблоне нужно создать пользователя и пароль postgres. Мой пользователь был просто "postgres"

2.) в докер postgres11 и запустите (он запросит у вас созданный вами пароль) :

3.) введите «nextcloud», чтобы создать пользователя nextcloud и снова выбрать пароль для учетной записи пользователя. 

Введите «нет» в ответ на следующие вопросы:
суперпользователь: без
создания базы данных: без создания
роли: нет

4.) Введите следующие команды, чтобы создать новую базу данных для nextcloud:

В приведенной выше команде первое «nextcloud» - это имя базы данных, а второе «nextcloud» - это имя пользователя. 

5.) Установите чистый док-контейнер Nextcloud и выберите postgres для базы данных. 

Введите имя пользователя, имя базы данных и пароль (для пользователя nextcloud), которые мы создали ранее. Вам необходимо заменить localhost на IP-адрес и имя порта контейнера докеров postgres11 (IP-адрес справа показан в сопоставлении портов рядом с контейнером докеров postgres внутри вкладки unraid docker. 

В целом инструкции очень похожи на инструкции для MongoDB, поэтому тот, кто выполнял настройку MongoDB, почувствует, что это очень знакомо. 

What about MariaDB vs PostgresS'L? What's better with Nextcloud?

Hello,
how secure is nextcloud talk?
If i activate the nextcloud talk app should i change some settings to make it more secure ? Maybe for encryption?
Or is it automatically secure if I install the talk app ?
Are you running it with certificate like lets encrypt? Https than the Connection is secured

Gesendet von meinem Redmi Note 8 Pro mit Tapatalk

• Thanks 1

Update: I was able do Instale the COde Server, but now I get the following error

AppImages require FUSE to run.
You might still be able to extract the contents of this AppImage
if you run it with the --appimage-extract option.
See https://github.com/AppImage/AppImageKit/wiki/FUSE
for more information
192.168.0.10 - - [17/Oct/2020:11:59:41 +0200] "POST /index.php/apps/richdocuments/ajax/admin.php HTTP/1.1" 500 4914 "-" "Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64; rv:81.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/81.0"
sh: 1: disown: not found
172.17.0.1 - - [17/Oct/2020:11:59:42 +0200] "GET /custom_apps/richdocumentscode/proxy.php?req=/hosting/discovery HTTP/1.1" 200 676 "-" "Nextcloud Server Crawler"
dlopen(): error loading libfuse.so.2

Hi,
When i trie to Install the Collabora Built-In CODE Server, i get the following error message:

App "richdocumentscode" cannot be installed because appinfo file cannot be read.

Any Idea how to solve that problem it?

Edited by Arlind

Hi

Since I restarted Unraid my Nextcloud is stuck in maintenance mode. I tried to enter the following command in console

sudo -u apache scl enable rh-php73 -- php -dmemory_limit=512M /usr/share/nextcloud/occ maintenance:mode --off

but I get the reply "sudo not found"

SSH is not possiple. How do I get Nextcloud running again?

Thx for the Help.

Hi
Since I restarted Unraid my Nextcloud is stuck in maintenance mode. I tried to enter the following command in console

sudo -u apache scl enable rh-php73 -- php -dmemory_limit=512M /usr/share/nextcloud/occ maintenance:mode --off

but I get the reply "sudo not found"

SSH is not possiple. How do I get Nextcloud running again?

Thx for the Help.
You can just run docker exec with user www-data and run occ.
But better take a look at the logs to find out why it Switches to maintinance

Cheers

On 10/22/2020 at 10:36 PM, knex666 said:

You can just run docker exec with user www-data and run occ.
But better take a look at the logs to find out why it Switches to maintinance

Cheers

Could you please elaborate on that?

How do I send the comands? Web interface is not working and in console everything I type is been answerd with "not found".

I dont realy understand the log, maybee you can tell me more?

Thx for the reply

log.txt

• knex666 changed the title to [Support] knex666 - Nextcloud