[Support] knex666 - Nextcloud

On 8/24/2021 at 4:53 PM, knex666 said:

downloaded newst version - how? did you change the docker tag or did you changed files in appdata?

normally you change the docker tag to a upper version and it will take from there. 

I just used the Update-feature in Unraids Web-UI.. it just pulls nextcloud:latest.. (In my case actually 22.1.0, I was wrong in the first post)

But now that you mention it I could just put a version number starting with 20.x benind the ":" and upgrade from there again right?

Edit: Ok that doesn't work anymore :C (see image)

Edit #2: I solved it myself now by just uninstalling Nextcloud altogether and reinstalling 22.x.. Wasn't really a problem for me since I used External Storages anyway and didn't lose any data.

Thanks for helping though :D 

Bild_2021-08-24_214157.png

Edited by ShadowNovo
  • 1 month later...

Hello,

when I mount external storage in Nextcloud and then refresh the page, they are duplicated:

1528095759_2021-10-0612_06_06-Einstellungen-Nextcloud.thumb.png.82d0b18156920b104425e0b2d7bae065.png

That's not normal, is it?
If I simply delete one of the duplicates there, I'm missing data in Nextcloud that is there in the original location.

Unfortunately, deleting Docker with the associated folders and then setting it up again did nothing.

In Nextcloud itself, however, only one of the folders is displayed under the files. Which would actually be correct.

1548977654_2021-10-0612_08_26-Dateien-Nextcloud.thumb.png.6a7b0bfa2faea935bfd9a2a2fc538928.png

Only in the settings under external storage, it irritates me that everything is duplicated.

Edit:

I have no security & setup alerts:

2007409272_2021-10-0612_15_14-Einstellungen-Nextcloud.thumb.png.e1e714302c69b2320b11ac30f5a1e5fa.png

Edit 2:

Strange, the account with which the external folders are shared, they are also in the settings correctly:

2019691408_2021-10-0612_30_45-Einstellungen-Nextcloud.thumb.png.900afc30de54f7767f605b69f2130cd6.png

Edit 3:

But files also seem to be missing when I leave the duplicates in the Nextcloud Admin settings.

454707060_2021-10-0612_36_47-EigenschaftenvonMedien....png.d9d175c11f42d5cb9cad0ad3899ce3f2.png

Edit 4:

All files are synchronized. I have completely cleared the ignore list in the Nextcloud client.
Had not thought that so many files were ignored

But why is any external storage always shown duplicated in the settings in the admin account?

Edited by 4n0nyM

Thought I would post the trials and tribulations I have gone thru to get this container working. Hopefully it helps someone else that might have similar problems. 

First Dumb Mistake

PostArgs: && docker exec -u 0 NAME_OF_THIS_CONTAINER /bin/sh -c 'echo "umask 000" >> /etc/apache2/envvars'

Not being a wizard with docker, I installed the container twice with NAME_OF_THIS_CONTAINER. Finally figured out that it should be replaced with the name of the container, Nextcloud, unless you have changed it to something else. In my defense it was late at night and I was tired.

Slow Connection Trap

I kept having problems with the initial setup timing out. Sometimes nextcloud would start but things were missing or it wouldn't start at all. After numerous reinstalls, and lots of research I found out how to fix that problem.

Modify the file appdata/nextcloud/nextcloud/lib/private/Installer.php

Change the line $timeout = $this->isCLI ? 0 : 120;  to  $timeout = $this->isCLI ? 0 : 1200;

If you upgrade nextcloud that file will probably be overwritten so the change is a workaround, not a permanent fix.

Last Problem

This one is also related to slow connections. After the container is installed Nextcloud shows running, but it is not ready to configure. If you try and run the initial configuration before it downloads everything it needs you'll get all kinds of weird errors, mostly concerning database tables that are missing. Before you run the configuration page check the log from the docker tab.

If all it says is Initializing nextcloud 22.2.0.2 ... wait for it to finish.

The log will look something like this when it is ready.

Initializing nextcloud 22.2.0.2 ...
Initializing finished
New nextcloud instance
AH00558: apache2: Could not reliably determine the server's fully qualified domain name, using 192.168.1.4. Set the 'ServerName' directive globally to suppress this message
AH00558: apache2: Could not reliably determine the server's fully qualified domain name, using 192.168.1.4. Set the 'ServerName' directive globally to suppress this message
[Thu Oct 07 17:05:36.561689 2021] [mpm_prefork:notice] [pid 1] AH00163: Apache/2.4.48 (Debian) PHP/8.0.11 configured -- resuming normal operations

Now you can run the configuration and everything should work fine.

Hope this helps someone else that is pulling their hair out on a slow connection.

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

Trying to use this to replace a b0rked LinuxServer version, and this was recommended to me. 

I already have a nextcloud, currently stopped, but I'm not deleting it yet, so I wanted to add yours as "NXTCloud" and changed the folder mappings appropriately, and added the variables and parameters you mentioned, even added a port number for bridge mode. 

It doesn't want to launch however.

Removing container: NXTCloud

Successfully removed container 'NXTCloud'

Command:root@localhost:# /usr/local/emhttp/plugins/dynamix.docker.manager/scripts/docker create --name='NXTCloud' --net='bridge' -e TZ="Europe/Paris" -e HOST_OS="Unraid" -p '8666:80/tcp' -v '/mnt/user/appdata/nxtcloud/':'/var/www/html':'rw' -v '/mnt/user/appdata/nxtcloud/apps':'/var/www/html/custom_apps':'rw' -v '/mnt/user/appdata/nxtcloud/config':'/var/www/html/config':'rw' -v '/mnt/user/appdata/nxtcloud/data':'/var/www/html/data':'rw' -v '/mnt/user/Share/':'/mnt/Share':'rw' --memory=2G --user 99:100 --sysctl net.ipv4.ip_unprivileged_port_start=0 'nextcloud:latest' PostArgs: && docker exec -u 0 nxtcloud /bin/sh -c 'echo "umask 000" >> /etc/apache2/envvars'

2c3b5dfa03141bda7dbd795480db77ec70845af59c511b1ae910008bded9e6b8
Error: No such container: nxtcloud

The command failed.

image.thumb.png.084299174d3a3a7cc542d107f25166c4.png

image.thumb.png.fcf12d3227b978e098604fd379c004e4.png

It's sad if I'm too blind to do monkey see monkey do, but I'm stumped, really. 

Edited by Froberg
woops
2 minutes ago, alturismo said:

may try naming your container lower case ?

Renamed to lower-case - postargs: docker exec -u 0 nxtcloud /bin/sh -c 'echo "umask 000" >> /etc/apache2/envvars' 

No joy, container won't load. 

log says: /entrypoint.sh: 194: exec: docker: not found

25 minutes ago, alturismo said:

may i ask what you try to achieve here ?

is it about permissions inside the userdata nxtcloud folder ?

may try without it 1st ...

Works fine without, tried that first, but I figured it should be there since it's explicitly mentioned in the OP? 

48 minutes ago, Froberg said:

Works fine without, tried that first, but I figured it should be there since it's explicitly mentioned in the OP? 

i dont use this version (official) anymore, only tested once due onlyoffice native support which i dropped, so cant really tell, nevermind if it fits your needs now ;)

• 4 weeks later...

I needed to post this for anyone.

I moved to this docker from LSIO when sql lite borked and I had to restart over. Its been working fine.

One thing that did not work correctly for me was the updater page. I would click on it and it would just take me back to the dashboard page. I would always have to upgrade manually and/or wait for docker to trigger the update.

I honestly believe that this was the way this docker worked for a long time.

Recently it notified me of the new version but I could not update my install because it  thought it was on the latest version.

Did some google fu and learn I was using a correct command but not the correct  one to do the update.

It did not work and thru digging I realize that the updater folder was missing from my config, downloaded the latest version put in in the correct place and BOOM!

the web updater works now!

Some many versions thinking this docker was broke and it turns out I just did not have the file for it to work correctly.

I got the following error when I updated my instance. I restarted the docker.

Can't start Nextcloud because the version of the data (22.2.3.0) is higher than the docker image version (22.2.2.0) and downgrading is not supported. Are you sure you have pulled the newest image version?

Docker would not start so I force a docker updated and got one and after I applied it, the docker started.

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, psychofaktory said:

Hi,

I use this great Docker-Container behind Nginx Proxy Manager.

Database is MariaDB.

Also I've a Redis-Container running as cache for Nextcloud.

What do I have to do to make the "High Performance Backend for Files" working?

Hi, this would need a complete other setup of the docker container. Since I just grap the official build, if its not supported there I am sorry. 

https://github.com/nextcloud/docker/issues/1422#issuecomment-786481199

11 hours ago, knex666 said:

Hi, this would need a complete other setup of the docker container. Since I just grap the official build, if its not supported there I am sorry. 

https://github.com/nextcloud/docker/issues/1422#issuecomment-786481199

As far as I can see requirements are Redis and a reverse proxy.

In the docker-compose.yml you linked, instead of nginx reverse proxy, traefik proxy is used.

It seems that the official nextcloud docker is also used.

So could it be possible?

Please forgive me as this is actually my first time posting on a forums page. If this is the incorrect place please help direct me to the correct place. I have tried many many times to install and setup NextCloud on my Unraid server. Every time I set everything up when I try to launch the WebUI I get the below error.

Composer autoloader not found, unable to continue. Check the folder "3rdparty". Running "git submodule update --init" will initialize the git submodule that handles the subfolder "3rdparty".

I have Googled every word in this error and can't seem to find anything. Please let me know what I can do to get NextCloud working... I'm so ready to have my own cloud storage!!!

13 hours ago, BSchwem said:

Please forgive me as this is actually my first time posting on a forums page. If this is the incorrect place please help direct me to the correct place. I have tried many many times to install and setup NextCloud on my Unraid server. Every time I set everything up when I try to launch the WebUI I get the below error.

Composer autoloader not found, unable to continue. Check the folder "3rdparty". Running "git submodule update --init" will initialize the git submodule that handles the subfolder "3rdparty".

I have Googled every word in this error and can't seem to find anything. Please let me know what I can do to get NextCloud working... I'm so ready to have my own cloud storage!!!

Look at the logs of the nextcloud docker and see what its posting.

I'm considering using this container, however I want to use the face recognition app, which requires php-dlib. This can be installed via apt, but of course I want to make sure this is persistent over updates of the container. So the question is, is this even possible to achieve with your container?
Nope, unless nextcloud will bring it to the official build

Gesendet von meinem Redmi Note 8 Pro mit Tapatalk

On 11/29/2021 at 10:15 AM, psychofaktory said:

As far as I can see requirements are Redis and a reverse proxy.

In the docker-compose.yml you linked, instead of nginx reverse proxy, traefik proxy is used.

It seems that the official nextcloud docker is also used.

So could it be possible?

Could it be an option to run notify-push in a separate container?:

https://github.com/nextcloud/docker/issues/1422#issuecomment-783671955

• 2 weeks later...
Has somebody been able to get the Talk High Performance Backend with this container working?

I've seen there is a docker image available:
https://hub.docker.com/r/schklom/nextcloud-spreed-signaling-strukturag

But I didn't figured out how to get that working togehter.
Maybe someone knows how?
You have to run that as a separate container and set it up in the settings

Gesendet von meinem Redmi Note 8 Pro mit Tapatalk

• knex666 changed the title to [Support] knex666 - Nextcloud