[Support] knex666 - Nextcloud

I moved now from LSIO to this image and everything so far works fine. Except the one thing that I also was unable to achieve with the LSIO image, the file permissions are incorrect so that I cannot write them using smb. I setup ever thing exactly like in the first post and the umask is 000, that I double checked still everything is read only.

Any help is appreciated!

Edited by bj___
  • 2 weeks later...
6 hours ago, Miich94 said:

Im trying to install the app MediaDC but i'm getting this error: Python version is lower then 3.6.8 or not available how can i update this? 

as this is the official docker from nextcloud may ask in their forums when this will come, @knex666 was so nice to set the template for unraid for those who prefer the official one.

• 1 month later...

Hello,

I'm pretty new to this so forgive me if this is a basic question.

I have successfully managed to setup SWAG and got emby working on it, now I'm trying to do the same with Nextcloud. When I installed this container it didn't map any ports for me so I created a new HTTP mapping (80 to 8080) and I did the same with HTTPS (443 to 4443). It works and installs fine on port 8080 but it does not answer at all on port 4443. In the official image of nextcloud I can see that only port 80 is exposed (https://hub.docker.com/_/nextcloud)  but if this is the case then how can I setup SSL for it?

I tried changing stuff in nextcloud/config/config.php (trusted domains) but no matter what I did it wouldn't work. I would appreciate any help. Thank you

image.thumb.png.5666943d02b5642f686fb2e83bdc63a9.png

Edited by KyonV2

Hi There,

I want use this container for sharing big file. It's working great with small file but for bigger (movie) the file is only 2.5M after download, I'm using haproxy as reverse proxy with no limit on size ect..

i've seen limitation can be on php.ini file but i've not managed to find it on the docker.

If someone can help.

Big thanks. 

UPDATE: after swtich from SMB to LOCAL storage it's works like a charm.

TY

Edited by Antrax
  • 2 weeks later...

@knex666 Being using this docker for a long time. Did a switch up from swag to traefik and I am going thru the config and hit a snag with ports. This based on the official nextcloud docker and ports is 80:8080. However when editing the template it says port 80 but in fact in the container is set to 446. Was this on purpose or did I magically set that somehow? because i cannot edit it to the default 80.

Capture.PNG

2 hours ago, ijuarez said:

@knex666 Being using this docker for a long time. Did a switch up from swag to traefik and I am going thru the config and hit a snag with ports. This based on the official nextcloud docker and ports is 80:8080. However when editing the template it says port 80 but in fact in the container is set to 446. Was this on purpose or did I magically set that somehow? because i cannot edit it to the default 80.

Capture.PNG

You got some tricks that I cannot explain.

can you just change that Port?

17 hours ago, ijuarez said:

I cannot, its greyed out.

I might try to start from scratch with my current app folder so i don't lose data.

Hi, I checked the template I did not use any port forwardings so you should delete that option and add a new one. I didnt get it.

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

Hey,

I'm trying to get this Nextcloud instance running as linuxserver's LDAP frontend is not working.

I wanted to set it up "properly", so I'm trying to integrate Redis.

After "successful" install, when I'm trying to access the UI, I'm just getting an empty page in my browser:

image.png.6d648514d765af003ea73bed079159f8.png

This is my docker run command:

image.thumb.png.adc1848daf0ed502e13ba66b77f6eef8.png

Nextcloud log says this:

image.thumb.png.3181802bcd494f2870a4cab4d721f8f1.png

Any ideas what I'm doing wrong? I've tried this template without any changes, with changed "share" volume pointing to the manually set up Nextcloud share, with added redis information, and with added extra parameters and post arguments as described in this support forum on page 1 - all tries ended with the same blank page instead of the UI.

Thank you for any suggestions!

Edited by chrismuc
  • 1 month later...

Hi - I am trying to do a clean installation, new DB and new container for the front-end. Everything is set up correctly, but I am running in to an issue where I cannot log in via the web at all - I get the login page, I enter the user/password and it just keeps looping back to login.

I know the ID/password are fine - I can sign in through the iOS app without any issue and I can see all the default files have been created. I don't see any error messages on the web and I have no clue where to even start to troubleshoot this - would appreciate any advice on where to begin. Thanks!

9 hours ago, emptyfish said:

Hi - I am trying to do a clean installation, new DB and new container for the front-end. Everything is set up correctly, but I am running in to an issue where I cannot log in via the web at all - I get the login page, I enter the user/password and it just keeps looping back to login.

I know the ID/password are fine - I can sign in through the iOS app without any issue and I can see all the default files have been created. I don't see any error messages on the web and I have no clue where to even start to troubleshoot this - would appreciate any advice on where to begin. Thanks!

post your docker settings, also clear your browser cache

• Upvote 1
3 hours ago, ijuarez said:

post your docker settings, also clear your browser cache

The real cause was me spending too much time tweaking late into the night and not enough time thinking. Firefox + addons were the root cause. I just needed sleep. 😀 Thank you!

I have nextcloud 23.0.3 working on 6.9.2 of unraid, my only issue at this point is that when I attempt to enable "community document server" inside nextcloud , it always times out and reverts back to the enable button. As a work around I have installed OpenOffice community document server but I cant figure out how to get that through swag correctly . Something tells me that the simple route would be to get community document server working from inside the nextcloud app store but im not having any luck... Im running this all on a dl360 gen 8 with 24 core intel hardware . when I look at the error, I think it downloads almost all of it but times out .

Error settings GuzzleHttp\Exception\ConnectException: cURL error 28: Operation timed out after 120000 milliseconds with 309886344 out of 467806574 bytes received (see https://curl.haxx.se/libcurl/c/libcurl-errors.html) for https://objects.githubusercontent.com/github-production-release-asset-2e65be/205429728/107d635e-0fd5-4786-952d-93b78503620a?X-Amz-Algorithm=AWS4-HMAC-SHA256&X-Amz-Credential=AKIAIWNJYAX4CSVEH53A%2F20220506%2Fus-east-1%2Fs3%2Faws4_request&X-Amz-Date=20220506T140334Z&X-Amz-Expires=300&X-Amz-Signature=e837c56af9a35a21b04fdb41df58cfc17183f247a0c28fa09216bbfd11fb0731&X-Amz-SignedHeaders=host&actor_id=0&key_id=0&repo_id=205429728&response-content-disposition=attachment%3B filename%3Ddocumentserver_community.tar.gz&response-content-type=application%2Foctet-stream

Edited by Dooz Owings
On 1/30/2022 at 1:26 PM, bj___ said:

Okay I found it. Since Nextcloud 22.1.0 the server code is setting explicit file permissions ignoring the umask of the system. This is unfortunate for us since without a patch there wont be an easy workaround.

@knex666

Are the following settings still needed at all?
Can I remove this from my template?

ExtraParams: --user 99:100 --sysctl net.ipv4.ip_unprivileged_port_start=0

PostArgs: && docker exec -u 0 NAME_OF_THIS_CONTAINER /bin/sh -c 'echo "umask 000" >> /etc/apache2/envvars'

• knex666 changed the title to [Support] knex666 - Nextcloud