[Support] knex666 - Nextcloud

Since the last Update my Nextcloud isnt starting anymore.. All I get in the logs is

Initializing nextcloud 24.0.1.1 ...
Upgrading nextcloud from 24.0.0.12 ...
Another process is initializing Nextcloud. Waiting 10 seconds...
Another process is initializing Nextcloud. Waiting 20 seconds...
Another process is initializing Nextcloud. Waiting 30 seconds...
Another process is initializing Nextcloud. Waiting 40 seconds...
Another process is initializing Nextcloud. Waiting 50 seconds...
Another process is initializing Nextcloud. Waiting 60 seconds...
Another process is initializing Nextcloud. Waiting 70 seconds...
Another process is initializing Nextcloud. Waiting 80 seconds...
Another process is initializing Nextcloud. Waiting 90 seconds...
Another process is initializing Nextcloud. Waiting 100 seconds...

Then the Container stops

Same for me.

Log:

Initializing nextcloud 24.0.1.1 ...
Upgrading nextcloud from 23.0.4.1 ...
Another process is initializing Nextcloud. Waiting 10 seconds...
Another process is initializing Nextcloud. Waiting 20 seconds...
Another process is initializing Nextcloud. Waiting 30 seconds...
Another process is initializing Nextcloud. Waiting 40 seconds...
Another process is initializing Nextcloud. Waiting 50 seconds...

then the Container stops.

• 4 weeks later...

How to update the "Collabora Online - Built-In CODE Server"?

Currently as Nextcloud admin it shows an update to version 22.5.301 is available. Updating other apps no problem, but trying to update the Collabora app I'am ending up stuck in maintenance mode. I've waited half an hour but it won't recover.

Forcing "maintenance:mode --off" doesn't help. Nextclouds UI won't be accessible. Restarting the docker won't helpe neither. Fortunately I had a working backup.

any ideas?

Hi everyone, installed a fresh copy, on network bridge I get an IP, but if I change the network to my custom docker network, the container starts but doesn't get an IP assigned. Any idea what could be wrong? I haven't changed anything other than the network type.

image.png

Edited by shpitz461
  • Upvote 1
  • 2 weeks later...
On 6/10/2022 at 5:58 AM, BurningSky said:

Whenever the docker container restarts the permissions on my files directory for my user gets reset to nobody:users (or 99:users from the container view) and I have to go back in and set them back to www-data:www-data. How can I stop this from happening?

Same here.

• 1 month later...

Hello,

I have added some post arguments to Docker.

&& docker exec -u 0 Nextcloud /bin/sh -c 'echo "umask 000" >> /etc/apache2/envvars' && docker exec -u 0 Nextcloud /bin/bash -c "apt update && apt install -y libmagickcore-6.q16-6-extra && apt install -y smbclient libsmbclient-dev && pecl install smbclient && docker-php-ext-enable smbclient".

This makes the message about SVG support in the php-imagick module disappear. It also installs the smbclient I need for the external storage plugin.

This works fine when creating the container as well as updating it manually.
But when the container updates automatically with the "CA Auto Update Applications" plugin, the post arguments are not applied.

What is the reason for this and how can I ensure that the post arguments are reliably executed?

• 3 weeks later...

@knex666

I updated unraid to version 6.11.0 and then Nextcloud to the latest version.
Then came the error message "Your data directory is not writable..."

I sent a chown for www-data in the docker itself.

New Error: "Your data directory can be read by other users

Please change the permissions to 0770 so that the directory cannot be viewed by other users."

So I sent off with the unraid addon "New Permissions" on the unraid-shares of nextcloud.

Now it comes alternately when reloading the page an internal sever error and the 0700 error. I would be very grateful for your help. I hope I can still easily fix this?

On 7/9/2022 at 6:00 PM, shpitz461 said:

Hi everyone, installed a fresh copy, on network bridge I get an IP, but if I change the network to my custom docker network, the container starts but doesn't get an IP assigned. Any idea what could be wrong? I haven't changed anything other than the network type.

image.png

So on the same page here, yet the fresh installed docker of Nextcloud Official Image (!) initializes on "br-0" and if I switch it to "bridge" - which I need to get the NginxProxyManager handling it - I run into the missing Network settings problem.

How did you solve yours?

___

My "solution"
Since NPM (nginx proxy manager) in my Unraid setup cannot reach the Docker in the br-0 IP range, I either had to change in Unraid (6.11.1) under Settings-Docker the "Host access to custom networks". This option, even when dockers are all switched off, is not changeable in my machine. As I understand I'd have to install more network Interfaces what would lead to higher power consumption and I don't what else this would lead to) or change the docker.

So using the recommended "Nextcloud Official" docker Image did not work for me, since it only worked using br-0 , but then without the NPM and in the bridge mode I got no IP. [ switching the official MariaDB Docker between br-0 with a fixed IP or the bridge mode was no problem].

Now I use knex666's Nextcloud Image, NC and MariaDB work, yet my beloved internal Collabora doesn't. Yet this is another story to solve.

Edited by RinxKninks
Solved by using knex666-nextcloud image
  • 2 weeks later...

Hey all,

I have a question

when I want to install the docker and then on the web gui comes an error:
Internal server error.

The server could not complete the request.

If this happens again, please send the technical details below to your server administrator.

More details can be found in the server log.

Now I thought I might have to set something in the config file or something, but I can't find it and I wouldn't know how to edit it.

I hope it's just a noob error :D

On 10/24/2022 at 7:51 PM, derveganemetzger said:

Hey all,

I have a question

when I want to install the docker and then on the web gui comes an error:
Internal server error.

The server could not complete the request.

If this happens again, please send the technical details below to your server administrator.

More details can be found in the server log.

Now I thought I might have to set something in the config file or something, but I can't find it and I wouldn't know how to edit it.

I hope it's just a noob error :D

I run into the same problem.

After I add the admin account and connect to postgreSQL 14 I get Internal server error.

I tried a clean reinstall and got further, but afterwards I still ran into the error.

On 6/10/2022 at 11:58 AM, BurningSky said:

Whenever the docker container restarts the permissions on my files directory for my user gets reset to nobody:users (or 99:users from the container view) and I have to go back in and set them back to www-data:www-data. How can I stop this from happening?

I also have this problem.

Tried a few reinstalls, which haven't helped either. 

I use a dedicated share for the nextcloud-data. 

Can anyone help with this please?

I just migrated from the linuxserver container but running into problems...

After starting the photo-backup every picture sends an error message on the iOS-App "x-oc-mtime header must be a valid positive integer" - and I haven't found out why. That worked previously.

And: It seems to fill up the docker image file. Is there any possibility to change the mapping? I just get an error, that the directory is write protected (which it isn't) and when changing back to "/mnt/user/appdata/nextcloud/data/" it still fills up the docker image. 

Edited by Mephistopheles
  • 2 weeks later...
On 9/14/2022 at 8:35 AM, psychofaktory said:

This works fine when creating the container as well as updating it manually.
But when the container updates automatically with the "CA Auto Update Applications" plugin, the post arguments are not applied.

What is the reason for this and how can I ensure that the post arguments are reliably executed?

you may could use the auto exec function from CA Auto Update which ONLY runs while auto updating

image.png.8c641e13fa0ec56d80c5307539a5c0ed.png

• 2 weeks later...
  • knex666 changed the title to [Support] knex666 - Nextcloud