[Support] knex666 - Nextcloud

2 hours ago, TDA said:

Hi,

I've recently UPGRADED to version 18.0.2 and tried to enable ONLYOFFICE.

I've enabled "Community Document Server" and the "OnlyOffice" App.

I can create a document but when I try to open it I get:

"ONLYOFFICE cannot be reached. Please contact admin"

What I'm missing here?

Did it worked before your Upgrade. 

Did you Upgrade from the Image or from nextcloud? 

55 minutes ago, knex666 said:

Did it worked before your Upgrade. 

Did you Upgrade from the Image or from nextcloud? 

It wasn’t enabled before upgrade.

i saw that a new feature was that now is integrated, so I have tried.

i upgraded from the webgui

10 hours ago, TDA said:

It wasn’t enabled before upgrade.

i saw that a new feature was that now is integrated, so I have tried.

i upgraded from the webgui

Hi,

best way is to go for a fresh installation with Document Server etc. enabled and update by setting the Repository to nextcloud:18.0.2-apache (which is not available jet)

Do get you instance working did you check if ONLYOFFICE and Document Server are enabled. And setup the settings/ONLYOFFICE Serviceadress to 

http://[Your IP]/apps/documentserver_community/

Cheers

• Thanks 1
On 3/11/2020 at 7:43 PM, knex666 said:

I did not test this, but that would be a good step by step guide to create.

So there are step by step guids how to backup and restore nextcloud.

This guide is in german maybe you can translate it but I guess there will be more guids out there.

https://www.c-rieger.de/nextcloud-sicherung-und-wiederherstellung/ 

Hey
Unfortunately this is not a manual for Unraid-Docker. The user www-data is not the same as with the container.

I would be super grateful if you or a colleague would write an official migration guide

2 hours ago, Abigel said:

Hey
Unfortunately this is not a manual for Unraid-Docker. The user www-data is not the same as with the container.

I would be super grateful if you or a colleague would write an official migration guide

Yes the guide is not for this docker but generally it describes that you have to backup/restore the data folder and the database. 

If I dont find the time for a guide we will have a discord session.

Cheers

• Like 1
2 hours ago, Abigel said:

The user www-data is not the same as with the container.

I don't know for certain which user this specific container uses, but LSIO nextcloud uses abc

So, for every instance of www-data, you substitute abc

It's a valid guide, you just need to apply some customization.

2 hours ago, jonathanm said:

I don't know for certain which user this specific container uses, but LSIO nextcloud uses abc

So, for every instance of www-data, you substitute abc

It's a valid guide, you just need to apply some customization.

Yes but since you Volume Mount the data from /mnt/usr/appdata/nextcloud/ you can Backup it from there and not from the Container itself. Eventough the database Should be easy to Backup since it is a file or inside your SQL Container. 

I think ill give it a try and make a guide

Cheers

• Like 1
On 3/11/2020 at 9:37 PM, TheIstar said:

Thanks for the reply,

I did already try to add these to the template. however this did not work. it seems the container is not setup to work with the variables?

some googling let me to add this to the extra parameters: --user 99:100 --sysctl net.ipv4.ip_unprivileged_port_start=0

However, even though now the correct user is running with the correct group, it looks like it does not have the correct umask set.

you can change it by bashing into the container and changing  it in /etc/apache2/envvars, however, i am afraid any update to the container would overwrite it again.

Also it seems a bit overly complicated.. there must be an easier way to do it.

I did also try to install the smb client in the container, as it seems this is not included. Adding the shares as an SMB share does grant the correct rights but of course, also here any update would remove the client again. It seems there is a way to add it (see: https://github.com/nextcloud/docker/tree/master/.examples ). However I have no idea how to get this working in unraid. :(

Further investigation shows the Linux Server Docker actually has the same behavior if you add the unraid shares as local Storage..
As they respect the UID and GID it seems there is more to it then just adding this to the docker. :(
I think getting SMB to work in the docker would probably be the best/easiest solution. But I have not figured out how to do this yet...

So, any help or insight here is appreciate.  

20 minutes ago, TheIstar said:

Further investigation shows the Linux Server Docker actually has the same behavior if you add the unraid shares as local Storage..
As they respect the UID and GID it seems there is more to it then just adding this to the docker. :(
I think getting SMB to work in the docker would probably be the best/easiest solution. But I have not figured out how to do this yet...

So, any help or insight here is appreciate.  

Or you can add the docker user to the users group. That would be a very straight forward solution.

44 minutes ago, knex666 said:

Or you can add the docker user to the users group. That would be a very straight forward solution.

I already set the docker user to 99:100.
The problem is that the umask of netxcloud user is set to 022. Which means only the user has write permissions and not the group. It should be 000 for Unraid.

As I said in my previous post, you can do this by editing a file inside of the docker. But Any update to the docket would overwrite this.

2 hours ago, TheIstar said:

I already set the docker user to 99:100.
The problem is that the umask of netxcloud user is set to 022. Which means only the user has write permissions and not the group. It should be 000 for Unraid.

As I said in my previous post, you can do this by editing a file inside of the docker. But Any update to the docket would overwrite this.

Ouch, ok. 

Got an idea. I think we can add this changes to the Container by mounting a Script to the Container and Post execute it if the Container spawns. 

Can you provide a Script that does these changes? 

Cheers 

20 hours ago, knex666 said:

Ouch, ok. 

Got an idea. I think we can add this changes to the Container by mounting a Script to the Container and Post execute it if the Container spawns. 

Can you provide a Script that does these changes? 

Cheers 

No scripting expert, but I guess something like this would work:

grep -q 'umask 000' '/etc/apache2/envvars' || echo "umask 000" >> /etc/apache2/envvars

I tested it and it seems to run as expected. Also adding this line gives the required rights to everybody. I could edit and change files created by Nextcloud without issues.

13 hours ago, TheIstar said:

No scripting expert, but I guess something like this would work:

grep -q 'umask 000' '/etc/apache2/envvars' || echo "umask 000" >> /etc/apache2/envvars

I tested it and it seems to run as expected. Also adding this line gives the required rights to everybody. I could edit and change files created by Nextcloud without issues.

I just executed 

echo "umask 000" >> /etc/apache2/envvars

echo "umask 000" >> /etc/apache2/envvars

and it worked well.

So the easy way to get this running is exec:

docker exec  nextcloud bash -c "echo 'umask 000' >> /etc/apache2/envvars"

Thank you and Cheers

Edited by knex666

I am also having this silly error message that seems to be plaguing many people as well:

ONLYOFFICE cannot be reached.  Please contact admin.

I am using 18.02 and I followed spaceinvaderones video where he was under the impression that there was no 'fix' and that nextcloud needed to release a correction.  Im no expert either way so I am not prepared or even wanting to assign blame anywhere but it seems his explanation may not be completely accurate if there are people that have this working.   I just need to know how to once and for all correct this error so that I can get this done.

I have both onlyoffice and document server installed/enabled.

I am using the linuxserver/nextcloud container.

I have the  Document Editing Service address set as: 

https://my.https.domain/apps/documentserver_community/

I also have the config.php file setup properly as well afiak:

'trusted_domains' => 
  array (
    0 => '192.168.1.50:444',
    1 => 'my.https.domain',
  ),
  'dbtype' => 'mysql',
  'version' => '18.0.2.2',
  'overwrite.cli.url' => 'https://my.https.domain/',
  'overwritehost' => 'my.https.domain',
  'overwriteprotocol' => 'https',

What on earth do I need to do to get this working?  I have been trying for a long time to get this right.  Thank you VERY MUCH for any help at all :)

46 minutes ago, danktankk said:

I am using the linuxserver/nextcloud container.

Hi,

if you are using LSIO than please use the right support thread.

For this container knex666/nextcloud with integrated ONLYOFFICE

I updatet now to the official 18.0.2. image by changing the repository in the template and it works all well.

Cheers

10 hours ago, TheIstar said:

Does this mean I have to run this exec manually after each pull myself? Or will you automate this somehow? Not sure I understand correctly.

It was not possible to set this script to post execution. The container will not start up then.

So please if you update your container run the docker exec. To update your container please change the repository.

So now you can change to nextcloud:18.0.2-apache and after pulling execute docker exec. I dont know how to make it more confortable.

Sorry

Edited by knex666
5 minutes ago, danktankk said:

Does it matter that much about the container to where you wont even try to help?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Yes its a very big difference. so you will find help there

Follow spaceinvadeons video, that works for the most of LSIO users.

Or just move to this container ;-)

13 hours ago, knex666 said:

It was not possible to set this script to post execution. The container will not start up then.

So please if you update your container run the docker exec. To update your container please change the repository.

So now you can change to nextcloud:18.0.2-apache and after pulling execute docker exec. I dont know how to make it more confortable.

Sorry

I found a way to get it running in Unraid !!!!

In advanced view under extra parameters put: --user 99:100 --sysctl net.ipv4.ip_unprivileged_port_start=0

This makes sure you run the container with the right UID and GID

Then under Post Arguments put: &&  docker exec -u 0 Nextcloud /bin/sh -c 'echo "umask 000" >> /etc/apache2/envvars'

This adds the right umask to the envvars file.

image.thumb.png.7f0dcdd30eaa276b3fc21eafa719b4c2.png

Now new files created have the right access rights for Unraid:

image.png.e62466979f54720e42c49dcdd2e24efb.png

Please let me know what you think?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
On 3/13/2020 at 9:37 PM, knex666 said:

Yes but since you Volume Mount the data from /mnt/usr/appdata/nextcloud/ you can Backup it from there and not from the Container itself. Eventough the database Should be easy to Backup since it is a file or inside your SQL Container. 

I think ill give it a try and make a guide

Cheers

Hi,

I just wanted to ask if you could see when you could write a guide ? 🙂

8 hours ago, Abigel said:

Hi,

I just wanted to ask if you could see when you could write a guide ? 🙂

You can give it a try by setting up a new container and backup everything so you cannot loose it.
I will find the time some day but I dont have that much free time.

• knex666 changed the title to [Support] knex666 - Nextcloud