[Support] knex666 - Nextcloud

8 minutes ago, Jamesmct said:

Ok. I am stuck with the SSL setup.  I made the change to include the overwriteprotocol setting, but now all I get is Problem Loading Page errors.

What am I missing here?

Please more details.

You setup a reverse proxy with ssl certificates

You can reach nextcloud with https but if you switch to overwriteprotocol it fails?

Cheers

After a few tests and playing around with the container, I just wanted to completely reinstall it. But I can't find the container in the apps anymore. I only see the container of linuxserver.io and the nextcloudpi. Where is the container of the forum thread here. Has it been deleted?

41 minutes ago, knex666 said:

Please more details.

You setup a reverse proxy with ssl certificates

You can reach nextcloud with https but if you switch to overwriteprotocol it fails?

Cheers

I have an external nginx setup (Outside of this Docker). I had an older nextcloud docker that was working until I blew up the database.  I pointed the nginx setup to the new instance of Nextcloud, and its not working.  When I remove the overwriteprotocol from the config, it works fine.

22 minutes ago, x-dast said:

After a few tests and playing around with the container, I just wanted to completely reinstall it. But I can't find the container in the apps anymore. I only see the container of linuxserver.io and the nextcloudpi. Where is the container of the forum thread here. Has it been deleted?

Hi,

I updated the template today and it seems to be broken. I hope it will soon be displayed again. But you can choose this template from the dropdown box once you loaded it.

Cheers

37 minutes ago, Jamesmct said:

I have an external nginx setup (Outside of this Docker). I had an older nextcloud docker that was working until I blew up the database.  I pointed the nginx setup to the new instance of Nextcloud, and its not working.  When I remove the overwriteprotocol from the config, it works fine.

So, I noticed that port 80 is hard coded, which means 443 isn't an open port.  I can't figure out a way to open 443 in the docker image. 

57 minutes ago, Jamesmct said:

So, I noticed that port 80 is hard coded, which means 443 isn't an open port.  I can't figure out a way to open 443 in the docker image. 

you have to use a reverse proxy to port 80. In that reverse proxy you install the ssl certificates. take letsencrypt docker image. 

Hello,

I am trying to setup this docker container, but I am always getting the following SQL error "No route to host".

I have setup a MariaDB with a user 'nextcloud' and a DB also named 'nextcloud' The MariaDB runs on unraid with the port 3008.

In nextcloud setup I have entered the [IP of the unraid server]:3008

I have verified that the user was created, and that the DB also exists, and that the user is allowed to access the Database.

Has anyone gotten this container working with anything but the default SQL lite Database?

I have another Server which runs SQL express, maybe I will attempt to connect with that one, but I would prefer to have everything related to nextcloud running on the same machine....

38 minutes ago, SwedishCoder said:

Hello,

I am trying to setup this docker container, but I am always getting the following SQL error "No route to host".

I have setup a MariaDB with a user 'nextcloud' and a DB also named 'nextcloud' The MariaDB runs on unraid with the port 3008.

In nextcloud setup I have entered the [IP of the unraid server]:3008

I have verified that the user was created, and that the DB also exists, and that the user is allowed to access the Database.

Has anyone gotten this container working with anything but the default SQL lite Database?

I have another Server which runs SQL express, maybe I will attempt to connect with that one, but I would prefer to have everything related to nextcloud running on the same machine....

Hey, 

Thats a network error. The container nextcloud cannot reach the host Port. 

You are running nextcloud on br0 or bridge Mode, host Mode? 

Best way is to have them both in a bridge or a br0 network. 

Try to ping from within the nextcloud container. 

Docker exec -it nextcloud ping [IP] 

I am running it with a MySQL DB, IT is working well. 

Cheers

• Like 1

Hello guys,

I got the Nextcloud container working. However, when I go to logging i have these two errors. Can someone help me fix them or figure them out? I also added the extra arguments stated in the first page in the forum.

[index] Error: OCP\Files\NotPermittedException: Could not create folder at <<closure>>

0. /var/www/html/lib/private/Files/AppData/AppData.php line 158
    OC\Files\Node\Folder->newFolder("0")
 1. /var/www/html/apps/theming/lib/ImageManager.php line 158
    OC\Files\AppData\AppData->newFolder("0")
 2. /var/www/html/apps/theming/lib/ImageManager.php line 173
    OCA\Theming\ImageManager->getCacheFolder()
 3. /var/www/html/apps/theming/lib/Controller/IconController.php line 90
    OCA\Theming\ImageManager->getCachedImage("icon-core-filetypes_video.svg")
 4. /var/www/html/lib/private/AppFramework/Http/Dispatcher.php line 170
    OCA\Theming\Controller\IconController->getThemedIcon("core", "filetypes/video.svg")
 5. /var/www/html/lib/private/AppFramework/Http/Dispatcher.php line 99
    OC\AppFramework\Http\Dispatcher->executeController(OCA\Theming\Controller\IconController {}, "getThemedIcon")
 6. /var/www/html/lib/private/AppFramework/App.php line 125
    OC\AppFramework\Http\Dispatcher->dispatch(OCA\Theming\Controller\IconController {}, "getThemedIcon")
 7. /var/www/html/lib/private/AppFramework/Routing/RouteActionHandler.php line 47
    OC\AppFramework\App::main("OCA\\Theming\\C ... r", "getThemedIcon", OC\AppFramework\ ... {}, {app: "core",ima ... "})
 8. <<closure>>
    OC\AppFramework\Routing\RouteActionHandler->__invoke({app: "core",ima ... "})
 9. /var/www/html/lib/private/Route/Router.php line 299
    call_user_func(OC\AppFramework\ ... {}, {app: "core",ima ... "})
10. /var/www/html/lib/base.php line 1008
    OC\Route\Router->match("/apps/theming/i ... g")
11. /var/www/html/index.php line 38
    OC::handleRequest()

GET /apps/theming/img/core/filetypes/video.svg?v=0
from 10.10.7.20 by Tucubanito07 at 2020-03-24T01:18:48+00:00

Here is the other error.

Error: Cannot declare class OCA\Talk\Migration\Version2000Date20170707093535, because the name is already in use at /var/www/html/custom_apps/spreed/lib/Migration/Version2000Date20170707093535.php#127

POST /settings/apps/enable
from 10.10.7.20 by Tucubanito07 at 2020-03-24T01:18:39+00:00

image.png.f200b62a35097e93de8943d2bb2da470.png

image.png.72e12383ee80759617c1ebf07b60bc39.png

Edited by Tucubanito07

I am trying to update nextcloud through the web after updating the container and i am getting this error. I dont have any data in nextcloud right now as i am making sure the fresh install is good before i place all the data back. @knex666 Do you happen to know what command i can use on this docker? Thanks in advance and hope everyone is staying safe.

image.thumb.png.518ecd4a1a26cb1549ba96ab48b83516.png

Hi together,

I dont think so. I used to install all updates by changing to repository version.

I now changed it to nextcloud/apache:latest but you can go like this

choose nextcloud/apache:18.0.2 and apply then change to latest and click apply.

you should not update via the webapp.

Edit: nextcloud:latest or 18.0.3-apache

but I got stucked starting the container. I restarted the container and for the first time I saw the update screen.

I applyed and it failed but works. I am cunfused...

Cheers

Edited by knex666
26 minutes ago, knex666 said:

Hi together,

I dont think so. I used to install all updates by changing to repository version.

Edit: nextcloud:latest

Cheers

How would you update then?

1 hour ago, knex666 said:

Hi together,

Edit: nextcloud:latest or 18.0.3-apache

but I got stucked starting the container. I restarted the container and for the first time I saw the update screen.

I applyed and it failed but works. I am cunfused...

Cheers

I went ahead an changed the repository and it pulled the data., started the container and i looked in the log and it looks like upgrading the instance.

upgrade.PNG

Found out some limitations..

When not using bridge, but an specific IP addres for the docker i get this MariaDB error:

Failed to connect to the database: An exception occurred in driver: SQLSTATE[HY000] [2002] No such file or directory

Solution: just use bridge ande forwarde the port like stated on the first page, but use port 80 for container port instead of 8080.

There seems to be problem to docker to docker communication when using a specific IP addres (any docker to any docker, not just nextcloud)

When trying to edit the config.php file from a samba share in windows the file appears to be empty. It isnt: just ssh to the unraid box and edit it there.

Question:

What is the right port for the internal openoffice installation? I now use an extra docker for this..

6 minutes ago, robertoal said:

Found out some limitations..

When not using bridge, but an specific IP addres for the docker i get this MariaDB error:

Failed to connect to the database: An exception occurred in driver: SQLSTATE[HY000] [2002] No such file or directory

Solution: just use bridge ande forwarde the port like stated on the first page, but use port 80 for container port instead of 8080.

There seems to be problem to docker to docker communication when using a specific IP addres (any docker to any docker, not just nextcloud)

When trying to edit the config.php file from a samba share in windows the file appears to be empty. It isnt: just ssh to the unraid box and edit it there.

Question:

What is the right port for the internal openoffice installation? I now use an extra docker for this..

Hi, 

Please read about docker network you can not reach a brige docker from host or br0 you will See very clear after reading about docker Networks. 

There is no Port in the integrated Version. Its just a virtual folder mapping to /apps/... 

Cheers 

THank you for this quick reply!

With me the onlyoffice didn't work out of the box? 

Which addres should I use in the nextcloud: onlyoffice settings then?

Finally: Where can I change the php settings? Memory is limited now to 512...

Very much appreciated all the work you put into this!!!

edit: I think i found it by: php --ini in the console:

/usr/local/etc/php/conf.d/memory-limit.ini

Changed it there and seems to work so far!

Edited by robertoal
5 hours ago, robertoal said:

THank you for this quick reply!

With me the onlyoffice didn't work out of the box? 

Which addres should I use in the nextcloud: onlyoffice settings then?

Finally: Where can I change the php settings? Memory is limited now to 512...

Very much appreciated all the work you put into this!!!

edit: I think i found it by: php --ini in the console:

/usr/local/etc/php/conf.d/memory-limit.ini

Changed it there and seems to work so far!

Hi

Are you shure you are running this Image and not lsio linuxserver Image. Since if you choose to install Apps at the Start it works fine (See Page 1)

Please try to Mount the php ini Since your change get lost Else 

Cheers

• knex666 changed the title to [Support] knex666 - Nextcloud