[Support] knex666 - Nextcloud 21


knex666

Recommended Posts

9 hours ago, Konfitüre said:

@knex666

 

How do you create this official container ?

Do I need development skills?

I am interested in that to learn how it works.

Maybe later I can help you with the support, updates etc... but I have no idea how to start.

 

Hey, 

I am not part of the official nextcloud team and did not create the image itself but I created the unraid template for this container.

Its simple to do that. 

 

You can follow this guide to create your first image: https://docs.docker.com/get-started/part2/

You can do this by creating a dockerfile or you can run an image eg. "docker run -it ubuntu /bin/bash" install and configure everythink and later push this image to the repository.

You will find good guids on youtube "docker create image"

 

To create a unraid template for you image you just create a new docker on unraid and copy your template xml to a git repo.

You will find some examples here: https://github.com/maschhoff/docker 

Last you have to talk to Squid to become a community developer ;-)

 

Cheers

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment

Hey,

thank you :)

So in my understanding this container is fully official and only the paths and little unraid special configs are made and no other modifications?

If nextcloud made an update for the image, would it pushed automatically to this container or should you change something manually?

Link to comment
1 hour ago, Konfitüre said:

Hey,

thank you :)

So in my understanding this container is fully official and only the paths and little unraid special configs are made and no other modifications?

If nextcloud made an update for the image, would it pushed automatically to this container or should you change something manually?

Yes, just config for unraid. 

Yes, If you Set the repo to latest it Auto pulls New images 

 

Cheers

  • Like 1
Link to comment

Good evening,

 

I've been facing a problem for a while. I want to install Nextcloud on my Untriad.
I already have MYSQL running at least as far as I can see. I have created a database including users.

 

However, if I enter all data in the installation for Nextcloud, I get this message

SQLSTATE[HY000] [2054] The server requested authentication method unknown to the client

after a short time.

 

I don’t know how to solve this anymore
I thought I would try another Docker with gitb phpipam but I get the message there too.

Hope you can help. It seems like there is a problem with the login method.

 

Regards Maggi

Link to comment
1 hour ago, Maggi0r said:

Good evening,

 

I've been facing a problem for a while. I want to install Nextcloud on my Untriad.
I already have MYSQL running at least as far as I can see. I have created a database including users.

 

However, if I enter all data in the installation for Nextcloud, I get this message


SQLSTATE[HY000] [2054] The server requested authentication method unknown to the client

after a short time.

 

I don’t know how to solve this anymore
I thought I would try another Docker with gitb phpipam but I get the message there too.

Hope you can help. It seems like there is a problem with the login method.

 

Regards Maggi

So this is really offtopic here. Which MySQL docker are you running. It would be better to leaf your question there.

If you google your message there are some with the same problem:

https://stackoverflow.com/questions/52364415/php-with-mysql-8-0-error-the-server-requested-authentication-method-unknown-to

 

Cheers

Link to comment

Hi, Something has changed with my installation/unraid? 

 

I have always navigated to my unraid nextcloud share and dropped new files in my files folder but now I do not have permission?

 

my username is mbc0 and you can see that some users have changed permissions, some have not?  I can obviously chmod to resolve this but worried it might break something? is it ok to do so and any idea why this could have changed?

 

image.png.5f96ccb61cbab5bf923bb3219bd5f683.png

Link to comment
4 hours ago, mbc0 said:

Hi, Something has changed with my installation/unraid? 

 

I have always navigated to my unraid nextcloud share and dropped new files in my files folder but now I do not have permission?

 

my username is mbc0 and you can see that some users have changed permissions, some have not?  I can obviously chmod to resolve this but worried it might break something? is it ok to do so and any idea why this could have changed?

 

image.png.5f96ccb61cbab5bf923bb3219bd5f683.png

Please read the first Thread-Post "FOLDER RIGHTS" to solve this problem right away

Link to comment
2 hours ago, knex666 said:

Please read the first Thread-Post "FOLDER RIGHTS" to solve this problem right away

Hi, many thanks for this! did something change in an update recently to require these pre & post arguments to be put in place as I have never entered them before.

 

I am obviously doing something wrong! althought the perms are now fixed and I can access the files in my shares again the docker will not longer start

 

s6-mkdir: warning: unable to mkdir /var/run/s6: Permission denied

 

Here are my extra params 

--user 99:100 --sysctl net.ipv4.ip_unprivileged_port_start=0

 

Here are my post args

&&  docker exec -u 0 nextcloud /bin/sh -c 'echo "umask 000" >> /etc/apache2/envvars'

 

 

Edited by mbc0
Link to comment
8 hours ago, mbc0 said:

Hi, many thanks for this! did something change in an update recently to require these pre & post arguments to be put in place as I have never entered them before.

 

I am obviously doing something wrong! althought the perms are now fixed and I can access the files in my shares again the docker will not longer start

 

s6-mkdir: warning: unable to mkdir /var/run/s6: Permission denied

 

Here are my extra params 

--user 99:100 --sysctl net.ipv4.ip_unprivileged_port_start=0

 

Here are my post args

&&  docker exec -u 0 nextcloud /bin/sh -c 'echo "umask 000" >> /etc/apache2/envvars'

 

 

are you shure that "nextcloud" is the name of that docker container?
for me it seems to be ok.

Link to comment
5 hours ago, knex666 said:

are you shure that "nextcloud" is the name of that docker container?
for me it seems to be ok.

Hi, yes nextcloud is the name but I mistakingly asked for help in here but I meant to do so in the linuxio thread as that is what I have installed, I imagine that is why I get the error? Very sorry about that.

Link to comment

Hi - I installed this yesterday and have got it running with a reverse proxy.  I think everything is good (haven't tested externally), but I have a few questions.  First, my installation.  I followed the instructions, but made a few changes...

  • Using MariaDB rather than SQLLite
  • Installed it as a Bridge, with port 8088 pointing to port 80
  • Using NGINX Proxy Manager rather than LetsEncrypt for reverse proxy
  • I am not using Split DNS, but I have enabled NAT Reflection on my pfSense router

All appears to be fine, but I've got the following concerns with my setup...

 

File Ownership

The cron script (page 1, docker exec -u www-data Nextcloud php -f /var/www/html/cron.php), and the call to occ (page 6 - docker exec -u www-data nextcloud /var/www/html/occ) for me both result in the same error...

Console has to be executed with the user that owns the file config/config.php
Current user: www-data
Owner of config.php:

When I check appdata/config/config.php it has the ownership of nobody:users.  If I remove "-u www-data" from both commands, they run fine.  Should they be owned by www-data, or am I OK to leave them as nobody?

 

Active .htaccess File?

Settings, Administration, Overview has the following warnings...

  • Your web server is not properly set up to resolve "/.well-known/caldav". Further information can be found in the documentation.
  • Your web server is not properly set up to resolve "/.well-known/carddav". Further information can be found in the documentation.

The documentation suggests fixes in the .htaccess file. However, I've found several .htaccess files...

  • appdata/nextcould/config
  • appdata/nextcloud/data
  • mnt/user/nextcloud
  • appdata/nextcloud/nextcloud  <- this one has the settings suggested by the documentation, plus a lot of extra config - the others above seem like a basic config

Have I missed a step, is there a configuration issue, should I ignore the warnings, or something else?

 

That's it for now.  Otherwise, I think it's working well.  Have ONLYOFFICE working (internally, at least), and I think the rest of my questions are more down to Nextcloud itself rather than this container.  Any pointers appreciated.

Link to comment

Hi @Cessquill

 

nice to hear that everything works well at the moment.

To answere your questions:

 

File Ownership, I am very unshure why your owner of the config.php is nobody. I think you started the docker right away with the extra parameters (GUID etc.) thats the only reason that this may happen. but it works? It should be ok to run them as nobody since they´re in the same group.

 

.htaccess File I am sorry but this question should be discussed in the nextcloud community forum. they´re very active and will help you out fast.

Since I did not changed the image itself you should not be the only one.

 

Cheers

  • Like 1
Link to comment

Hi folks,

 

I had a LSIO image before up and running. But I want to use this image now. So, since no important data was saved in the old docker image, i decided to make a clean cut and start from scratch.

I tried to install this docker image with all settings but i get this error in the log:

 

AH00558: apache2: Could not reliably determine the server's fully qualified domain name, using 172.17.0.7. Set the 'ServerName' directive globally to suppress this message
AH00558: apache2: Could not reliably determine the server's fully qualified domain name, using 172.17.0.7. Set the 'ServerName' directive globally to suppress this message
[Sat Apr 25 23:12:52.185872 2020] [mpm_prefork:notice] [pid 1] AH00163: Apache/2.4.38 (Debian) PHP/7.3.17 configured -- resuming normal operations
[Sat Apr 25 23:12:52.185925 2020] [core:notice] [pid 1] AH00094: Command line: 'apache2 -D FOREGROUND'

What does this actually mean?

 

these are my settings attached....

 

 

Thx for your help!!!

unraidnex.png

Link to comment
10 hours ago, hundsboog said:

Hi folks,

 

I had a LSIO image before up and running. But I want to use this image now. So, since no important data was saved in the old docker image, i decided to make a clean cut and start from scratch.

I tried toWhat does this actually mean?

 

these are my settings attached....

 

 

Thx for your help!!!

 

Hi,

 

I tryed to install it with your settings and I got the same message but it does not stopped me from accessing nextcloud and setting it up.

So I guess its just a warning.

Did you came further installing it?

 

Cheers

Link to comment
32 minutes ago, knex666 said:

Hi,

 

I tryed to install it with your settings and I got the same message but it does not stopped me from accessing nextcloud and setting it up.

So I guess its just a warning.

Did you came further installing it?

 

Cheers

Hi and thank you so much for that quick answer! Well, to be honest, no, still stuck there.

Maybe it helps, if I describe the setting a little bit more specific. Like I said, I had a nextcloud instance up and running with a Mariadb, a letsencrypt and a duckdns docker.

So my plan was, just to install a this new instance, connect it to my Mariadb in a later step and use it just from my internal network. The other dockers are switched off, but for some reason, I cannot access the WebUI. I also removed all residues from the old nextcloud instance in the unraid terminal like a user before with the

rm -rf /mnt/user/appdata/nextcloud folder

call, but nothing, the WebUI still remains unaccessable with that error apache log. But good to know, that this log doesnt keep one from starting the NC instance and runs like in your test.

 

So, is there anything, I am missing? Would you please so kind, to make a setting screenshot for a bulletproof and idiotsafe start of the NC template? Its really embarassing for me 😄

Edited by hundsboog
edit
Link to comment

Hi.

Is there a way to use this docker in brigde mode for the network, so i can use mysql? I have no idea how to connect to the mysql database.

 

Error while trying to create admin user: Failed to connect to the database: An exception occurred in driver: SQLSTATE[HY000] [2002] No route to host

 

With the linuxserver docker it works.

 

Link to comment
  • knex666 changed the title to [Support] knex666 - Nextcloud 21

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.