Unassigned Devices help

InForced

Im having some trouble getting unassigned devices to work i fallowed all the videos i can find on youtube but no luck. I added a ssd and formatted it but when i go to the array its telling me to format it but I cant click the format button on unassigned devices and when I stop the array i dont see a format option.

• 2 months later...

Hi all, I'm trying to connect to a remote NFS share that has a specific username / password.  I've seen this question asked multiple times, but each time someone says they don't know the answer, or completely ignore the question.  I've been scouring this thread for 90 minutes so far and haven't found any answer.

So, does anyone know how to use the unassigned devices plugin, to specify connecting to NFS with a username / password?

Of course I could use fstab, but I'd prefer not, I have no idea if that survives a reboot or not either.  And of course that would mean I have a plain text password showing.

Many thanks,

Marshalleq

• 1 month later...

Hello, I need a little help with The Unassigned Devices app, Installed it correctly and I formated my drives, but then I started the array with only 1 disc and no parity disc to enable dockers and install Shinobi, and now, shinobi starts with errors and my unassigned drive disappeared.  Do you know why?

I had that problem before, and I realized that unassigned devices disappear after you install apps after it. Maybe the app install process is corrupting Unassigned devices files.

Any Hint? Here is my diagnostics file.

Thanks in advance.

tower-diagnostics-20200601-1334.zip

OK. Everyone on this thread. I apologize for breaking the link to the Unassigned Devices plugin thread, that was definitely my bad, along with some unexpected behavior from our forum software.

That link has now been fixed on the Plugins page and on the Apps page in your Unraid webUI.

On 4/18/2020 at 10:49 PM, trurl said:

You can go directly to the correct support thread for any of your plugins by clicking on its Support Link on the plugins page.

Even Unassigned Devices plugin now.

• 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, bombz said:

Hello,

Strange thing i saw today with UD. Generally I have no concern mounting and unmounting disk. However, UD unmout is grayed out. The only way i can unmount the disk is by powering off the disk.
Any idea's what the concern may be?

gray.JPG

Please report UD issues in the UD forum.

You have provided very little information here.  Just showing a few buttons without more of the screen shot is pretty useless.

28 minutes ago, dlandon said:

Please report UD issues in the UD forum.

You have provided very little information here.  Just showing a few buttons without more of the screen shot is pretty useless.

OK.
Usually these toggles are clickable to unmount. I will post there.