SUPERMICRO AOC-SASLP-MV8

talex

Hi all,

Anyone running unRaid with SUPERMICRO AOC-SASLP-MV8?

I had just built up a Norco and have 2 of these 4x Controllers in it (basically built one of the recommended systems found on AVForums) for a home server box, but with the dropping of DE I would like to use my Unraid Pro I purchased for this and want to confirm that unRaid will work reliably with these controllers.

don't think I will try that beta, seems unRaid already does the "drive extender" stuff pretty well already, I look at unRaid like a drobo without the limits on drives by the case... this is what I want unRaid for, protection and serving of my video's.

Ideally here unRaid could show up on my WHS so WHS could control backups and access permissions like WHS does. Do not know what will happen with WHS vail, but without DE I do not think I will be using it. What I currently have is a WHS v1 in my basement which is backed up to an unRaid box in my Garage...

The cards work great.

I have 2 in a server I am building for a customer.  I put one in, disabled INT13, and then did the same for the other card.

I did have to flash some Seagate drives to CC35 and could not do that with the Norco 4224 and these cards.  I had to plug each drive into the motherboard SATA AHCI ports separately before the force flash to CC35 would work.

• 3 weeks later...

How important is flashing the Seagate 2 TB drives. I have 5 those running now with not troubles with the onboard sata controller.

I just ordered a new supermicro card and wondering if any troubles if I dont upgrade the firmware on the drives.

On a different note what case to use to get above 16 when the times comes?

Antec 1200 with 4 4in3 is 'only'  16. Its a long way off but still.

My currant case holds 11.

Archived