HP H240 - No Drives showing

Tetra

3 minutes ago, sota said:

does the BIOS software see the disks? Are you sure the controller cables are connected to the cage correctly and fully?

How about more details of the setup in general.

HP DL380 G6 Rack Mount
64GB DDR3
2x Xeon E5500

4x 300GB SAS Drives
4x 500GB SATA Drives
^^ all connected to the backplane that came with the server ^^
Disconnected the SAS cables from the motherboard that went to the onboard RAID controller, and plugged them into the HBA in the PCIe slot. UNRAID sees the HBA, but not the drives. Getting a 1Hz Green blinking light on the HBA.

33 minutes ago, sota said:

well, assuming the disks have nothing important on them, what happens when you plug back into the onboard P410i controller? do they show up in the controller's BIOS?

If I plug the two SAS cables back directly into the motherboard, which sends it to the P410i or whatever comes with it, It will detect the drives. But I would have to re-enable the controller, because i disabled it in the BIOS. 

I got this controller from the list of compatible controllers, because the controller that was pre-existing in the server has no IT or HBA mode.

Is there a way to configure this controller without using Intelligent provisioning/smartstart?

Edited by Tetra