(SOLVED)Weird issue lost disk1 in array

I have a weird issue that i noticed happened a couple of days ago. I was moving some media files over from a windows server 2012 through a mapped folder with file explorer onto my shared folder on the unraid array. All of my dockers stopped working and would not restart. I stopped and restarted the array which cleared the trouble. Same issue happened again tonight but this time when i restarted my disk1 showed not able to mount no filesystem. Found an old post that mentioned starting the array in maintenance and clearing the log with xfs_repair -v /dev/md1 -L. This cleared my issue but how can i prevent this from becoming a recurring issue  

mejoservertv-diagnostics-20200213-2001.zip

I would always run xfs_repair without the -L option first, and only destroy the journal if xfs_repair tells you that there's no other option.

You got a corrupt file system and fixed it. It happens occasionally even if you're careful. The best way to try to avoid it happening again is to avoid unclean shutdowns so, if you haven't got one already, consider getting a UPS.

• Thanks 1
1 hour ago, John_M said:

I would always run xfs_repair without the -L option first, and only destroy the journal if xfs_repair tells you that there's no other option.

You got a corrupt file system and fixed it. It happens occasionally even if you're careful. The best way to try to avoid it happening again is to avoid unclean shutdowns so, if you haven't got one already, consider getting a UPS.

ok thanks

Happened again this time dockers are not starting. System did not shutdown unclean. Checked xfs_repair -v /dev/md1 but gave me:

root@MeJoServerTv:~# xfs_repair -v /dev/md1
Phase 1 - find and verify superblock...
        - block cache size set to 501272 entries
Phase 2 - using internal log
        - zero log...
zero_log: head block 694588 tail block 694584
ERROR: The filesystem has valuable metadata changes in a log which needs to
be replayed.  Mount the filesystem to replay the log, and unmount it before
re-running xfs_repair.  If you are unable to mount the filesystem, then use
the -L option to destroy the log and attempt a repair.
Note that destroying the log may cause corruption -- please attempt a mount
of the filesystem before doing this.

mejoservertv-diagnostics-20200215-0400.zip

Edited by JohnJay829
updated info
4 hours ago, johnnie.black said:

Disk1 is mounting correctly on the diags posted, you do have a corrupt docker image, you need to re-create it.

Ok thanks for the help. Can you give me advice on what may be causing this issue. It seems to only happen when i am copying data over to my share disks. I have no parity set yet waiting for all my data is copied. Also looking at the post on recreate it suggests moving the image to cache. I don't have a cache drive yet and am i recreating or starting a new docker img?

16 hours ago, JohnJay829 said:

Can you give me advice on what may be causing this issue. It seems to only happen when i am copying data over to my share disks.

If it keeps happening without an apparent reason, like an unclean shutdown, you might have a hardware problem, like bad RAM.

16 hours ago, JohnJay829 said:

I don't have a cache drive yet and am i recreating or starting a new docker img?

Docker image still needs to be recreated, on cache or array it doesn't matter.

• JohnJay829 changed the title to (SOLVED)Weird issue lost disk1 in array