Added new drives, assigned data drive as parity

isaw

1 hour ago, trurl said:

Here is another

https://forums.unraid.net/topic/84039-one-drive-failed-while-rebuilding-with-a-new-drive-a-second-drive-failed/?do=findComment&comment=778735

but none of these are exactly where you are now. I recommend patience and see what @johnnie.black recommends.

ok thanks.

will read all and see where i end up.   hopefully johnnie isnt too far away!

Edited by isaw

So, I think you have now re-assigned all disks as they were before this (parity should still be valid) and you want to rebuild disk2, also you started the array in maintenance mode and luckily for you since a few releases Unraid doesn't automatically start a sync/rebuild in maintenance mode, so no harm done.

I didn't re-read the entire thread so if I'm missing something please advise, assuming the above is correct:

-Tools -> New Config -> Retain current configuration: All -> Apply
-Check all assignments and assign any missing disk(s) if needed
-Important - After checking the assignments leave the browser on that page, the "Main" page.

-Open an SSH session/use the console and type (don't copy/paste directly from the forum, as sometimes it can insert extra characters):

mdcmd set invalidslot 2 29

-Back on the GUI and without refreshing the page, just start the array, do not check the "parity is already valid" box (GUI will still show that data on parity disk(s) will be overwritten, this is normal as it doesn't account for the invalid slot command, but they won't be as long as the procedure was correctly done), disk2 will start rebuilding, disk should mount immediately (probably not in this case) but if it's unmountable don't format, wait for the rebuild to finish and then run a filesystem check