Case for a DAS?

Spies

Fractal XL like this one has sound deadening for quiet, and if you still aren't happy, swap the fans with some noctua ones like these. I used to have this in my living room and was dead silent with the stock fans.

If you also replace 3 of those 5.25-inch drive bays with a 4-in-3 drive bay like this, you'll be able to store (12) 3.5" HDDs in the case. If that's still not enough disks, here is a way to get 20 disks with that case + 4 more with the 4-in-3 above. The case isn't cheap but it's by far the best I ever had.

On 2/16/2020 at 9:12 PM, Jeff in Indy said:

I’m going to build one in a week or two, and I’m getting the Fractal Design Node 804. Instead of being really tall, the MB is one side, the Power and drives are on the other side.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

i think he looks for a das case (no mobo).

I'm planning adding a das too. And i can't have a rackmount case. So far the best option i've seen is the silverstone ds380.

You need a bracket to plug sas cable. If you use only the 8 hotswap bays you can directly use sas cables. 

If you plan to add 4 more ssd (or 2,5" drive) you have to use an expander. 

You also have to find a power control board to power on the atx power.