[Support] knex666 - OpenProject

I found the solution... The default path on unraid is not supported by Postgress

I changed /mnt/user to /mnt/cache and it works... Bu I have read that is is not the safest way to do things and I can't tell why...

And here is a quick and dirty (and functionnal) letsencrypt / nginx .conf example
(replace "server_name openproject.* with the name of your chosen subdomain and upstream_app openproject with the name of your container)

# Open Project server

server {
    listen 443 ssl;

server_name openproject.*;

include /config/nginx/ssl.conf;

client_max_body_size 0;

location / {
	include /config/nginx/proxy.conf;
	resolver 127.0.0.11 valid=30s;
	set $upstream_app openproject;
	set $upstream_port 80;
	set $upstream_proto http;
	proxy_pass $upstream_proto://$upstream_app:$upstream_port;
	}
}

Edited by Normand_Nadon
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
On 11/3/2020 at 10:50 AM, paschtin said:

Anyone updated to Version 11 already? Any issues or something to consider?

I tried this by changing the repository to 11.  Everything downloads and installs but then you get a server error trying to connect to openproject.

Edit: I added this again using the template directly and left it for a while longer and it worked - I may not have been patient enough!

Edited by Dean Admin
Addition
  • 2 months later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Hello, sorry to bother but I am having a hell of a time getting my reverse proxy to work. I am using cloudflare in conjunction with Nginx (GUI version). I read through the docs for Openproject but some of the configuration is over my head. I thought it would be as simple as forwarding the local ip:port (which I remapped with an env variable from 8080) with SSL in the Nginx container like all my other stuff but no dice. Ive played around with a bunch of combinations of setups and atm I have added the SERVER_HOSTNAME=project.mydomain.com & in Openproject > settings > hostname=project.mydomain.com & protocol=HTTP. I am not sure what to try next and any advice would be wonderful. Cheers

Hello, sorry to bother but I am having a hell of a time getting my reverse proxy to work. I am using cloudflare in conjunction with Nginx (GUI version). I read through the docs for Openproject but some of the configuration is over my head. I thought it would be as simple as forwarding the local ip:port (which I remapped with an env variable from 8080) with SSL in the Nginx container like all my other stuff but no dice. Ive played around with a bunch of combinations of setups and atm I have added the SERVER_HOSTNAME=project.mydomain.com & in Openproject > settings > hostname=project.mydomain.com & protocol=HTTP. I am not sure what to try next and any advice would be wonderful. Cheers

There is always a solution ;)

Did you follow some nginx config of this topic, because some users had postet theyr config?

I am wondering if you try to use port 8080 for ssl that would be confusing.

So my First step is to Check your Port forwardings, are you shure they do work?
Second is to Check the config of nginx and last to Check the reverse proxy settings.
So lets go step by step.

Cheers

Gesendet von meinem Redmi Note 8 Pro mit Tapatalk

2 minutes ago, knex666 said:

There is always a solution ;)

Did you follow some nginx config of this topic, because some users had postet theyr config?

I am wondering if you try to use port 8080 for ssl that would be confusing.

So my First step is to Check your Port forwardings, are you shure they do work?
Second is to Check the config of nginx and last to Check the reverse proxy settings.
So lets go step by step.

Hey thanks for the quick reply. So first, I am sure my port forwardings and Nginx is working correctly on 10 other containers I have on proxy. Now, I haven't used custom configs much unless I am laying Authelia SSO on top of something so I am a bit wet behind the hears in this area.

So in this case I have not input anything into the custom config area. Maybe this is my problem. I only have basic stuff like caching assets & block common exploits on. My SSL cert is a letsencrypt that blankets my domain (*.mydomain.com).

I have remapped the OP container port to 3021 but I can try it with 8080.

Hey thanks for the quick reply. So first, I am sure my port forwardings and Nginx is working correctly on 10 other containers I have on proxy. Now, I haven't used custom configs much unless I am laying Authelia SSO on top of something so I am a bit wet behind the hears in this area.
So in this case I have not input anything into the custom config area. Maybe this is my problem. I only have basic stuff like caching assets & block common exploits on. My SSL cert is a letsencrypt that blankets my domain (*.mydomain.com).
I have remapped the OP container port to 3021 but I can try it with 8080.
Okay, can you post your anon ngix proxy to Check that.
Blank out Domains etc.

Cheers

12 minutes ago, knex666 said:

Okay, can you post your anon ngix proxy to Check that.
Blank out Domains etc.

Cheers

Hold the phone. My dumb brain put ".cmo" instead of ".com" for the proxy domain. It works as expected now, thanks for the help; sorry for wasting time ha.

• 1 month later...

I am having some problems connecting to this docker container from outside the firewall.  I can access the container fine inside the firewall.  I am using swag/nginx for my proxy.  I have that setup with nextcloud on a proxynet network.  I have added the openproject.subdomain.conf file to the swag/nginx proxy-conf folder. 

what do I do next?

I am thinking I have to add the openproject container to the proxynet, but then it can't use the same IP, and I get stuck there

problem is resolved.  I made a new subdomain at cloudflare for my account, my router is already setup to route all incoming ssl and port 80 traffic to my swag container.  I used the above conf file with a small change at the resolver, and pointed it at the IP address for my openproject server.  the last thing I had to do was allow host access to custom networks on the docker settings since my swag container is on a private subnetwork.  and then everything just worked.  

thanks for the great container

Edited by Ben deBoer
further along in the issue
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Is there someone who know's how to get OpenProject 12.0.10 working with Nginx Proxy manager?

I think that I've tried everything. My local IP where the docker image runs inside Unraid docker is 192.168.2.244.

Ive tried http and https on both sides (Nginx and Openprojects) but that doesn't resolve anything.

Nginx Proxy Manager has project.myurl.nl (for explain) forward to my internal IP and port 8080, at the function custom locations i've been the same settings but added the following configuration rules:

set $upstream_app openproject;
    set $upstream_port 80;
    set $upstream_proto http;

Has someone any idea? from local to local IP works Openproject good, only from outside to the URL doesn't work and gives an "502 Bad gateway" message.

Other docker functions with Nginx Proxy Manager works fine (like Nextcloud)

Hope someone could help. thanks al lot!

Wesley

Edited by WesleyL

Hi, 

I am not using port forwarding, I prefer a ssh tunnel with reverse port forwarding, so my configurations looks a bit different but should work as well.

I left out the redirection from http to https and the ssh certificates because that is self explaining.

location /{
        proxy_pass http://IP:8877;
        proxy_set_header Host $host;
        proxy_set_header X-Forwarded-Proto $scheme;
        proxy_set_header X-Real-IP $remote_addr;
        proxy_set_header X-Forwarded-For $proxy_add_x_forwarded_for;
        proxy_max_temp_file_size 16384m;
        client_max_body_size 0;
    }

Give it a try, I hope we will find a solution for you.

Cheers

Thanks for you’re help. 
So far it will not work, I’ll think the problem is that I am using nginx proxy manager and not the normal nginx

when i’ll use the script above (also change the ip and Port) it doesn’t work, i’ll get also the 502 bad Gateway  error when opening the url.

Maybe you’ve got the solution for this nginx version and openproject?

cheers!

Edited by WesleyL
14 hours ago, WesleyL said:

Thanks for you’re help. 
So far it will not work, I’ll think the problem is that I am using nginx proxy manager and not the normal nginx

when i’ll use the script above (also change the ip and Port) it doesn’t work, i’ll get also the 502 bad Gateway  error when opening the url.

Maybe you’ve got the solution for this nginx version and openproject?

cheers!

Can you check if you can curl the openhab site from within the nginx proxy Manager by exec it into it? 

I’ve got the problem solved included the script above!

the problem was Nginx is in bridge and the openprojects was in br0, they can’t communicate to each other.

Openproject in br0 gives to the other containers some issue, so for now I’ve get the setting in docker settings that br0 may communicate to all the other networks. 

better is openprojects in another network but that isn’t possible for now.

thanks a lot!

• Like 1
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...