Vm or Docker for webserver

You can always run multiple instances of the same docker. Just use a different names + different appdata folder

I would prefer docker over VM at the first instance.

VM requires KVM/qemu overhead which makes it less efficient so I would only use VM for things that I can't do with docker.

Edited by testdasi
  • Thanks 1
On 2/16/2020 at 10:09 AM, testdasi said:

You can always run multiple instances of the same docker. Just use a different names + different appdata folder

I would prefer docker over VM at the first instance.

VM requires KVM/qemu overhead which makes it less efficient so I would only use VM for things that I can't do with docker.

Hi Testdasi,  thanks but at the moment I am tearing my hair out, well what little I have left. I have letsencrypt docker in and setup I think, but for the life of me I can not get any sites up.

So, you mean I would have to run say 3 letsencrypts and three wordpress dockers?

If you want wordpress sites, I believe you will need,

• (llinuxserver) letsencrypt to manage ssl certificate generation and reverse proxy (nginx) - only one needed to manage all sites
  • wordpress docker to run website - docker per website
    (assuming wordpress is what you wanted to run?)
  • mariadb or mysql docker to host wordpress database - only one needed to manage all sites
1 hour ago, tjb_altf4 said:

If you want wordpress sites, I believe you will need,

• (llinuxserver) letsencrypt to manage ssl certificate generation and reverse proxy (nginx) - only one needed to manage all sites
  • wordpress docker to run website - docker per website
    (assuming wordpress is what you wanted to run?)
  • mariadb or mysql docker to host wordpress database - only one needed to manage all sites

I have all these but trying to find a video or walkthrough to get them working Is frustration at its best