Broken GUI

Daftyler

Good Evening, 

I very recently (as in a few days ago) set up my first Unraid experience, and everything was going fine, until today.

I installed Binhex-Preclear for some drives, and the second I installed the docker my page refreshed to what is shown below. 

I found a few post's on here and tried those solutions and so far have had no success. I tried to boot in safe mode 

without plugins, same problem. I tried to delete /config/plugins/dynamix/dynamix.plg, however i DO NOT have the 

dynamix.plg file on the drive. Since this Unraid was just built I have no cache backups or anything yet, so I am hoping someone

is able to help, 

Thanks for your time! 

Capture.PNG

From the terminal if you can get at it,

diagnostics

I suspect though that this has nothing at all to do with preclear (unless you actually ran it and tried to preclear your flash drive), but that the flash drive dropped offline for some reason (USB2 ports are always recommended as they are far more reliable than USB3)

• Like 1
11 minutes ago, Squid said:

From the terminal if you can get at it,

diagnostics

I suspect though that this has nothing at all to do with preclear (unless you actually ran it and tried to preclear your flash drive), but that the flash drive dropped offline for some reason (USB2 ports are always recommended as they are far more reliable than USB3)

I have just ran diagnostics and have the unzipped file, what would I be looking for in it? I know the docker seems very unlikely, but I thought Id mention it because it was an odd coincidence. 

I am using USB3, I dont want to say that isnt the problem, however it is a brand new drive and I am at least skeptical of that at the moment.

32 minutes ago, bonienl said:

Take the flash device (after shutting down the system) and edit the following files in the folder /config on your USB device

docker,cfg

DOCKER_ENABLED="no"

domain.cfg

SERVICE="disabled"

This disables both docker and VM, see if this makes a difference.

This improved the GUI a small amount, but overall, no change. 

1 minute ago, bonienl said:

What do you mean?

Are there still error message in the screen?

dynamix.plg is no longer used and incompatible with latest Unraid versions. There should be no reference to this.

The errors are all still there sorry. 

Thank you for letting me know about dynamix.plg, it had just come up a few times during my search.

17 minutes ago, Squid said:

Post the file (do not post the contents) /config/plugins/dynamix/dynamix.cfg on the flash drive.

Im sorry, im a little confused about what you are asking? You want to just see the file path without the contents..?

Dynamix.cfg containts nothing

Edited by Daftyler
Reword

Not the answer I was expecting, but still explains things

Deleting that file *should* get you going, but I'd expect that you've also got some corruption on the flash drive somehow.  Pull the stick and toss it into another computer and run the file system checks on it, or reformat and recreate it (copy from /config the trial.key file and save somewhere safe)

12 hours ago, bonienl said:

Take the flash device (after shutting down the system) and edit the following files in the folder /config on your USB device

docker,cfg

DOCKER_ENABLED="no"

domain.cfg

SERVICE="disabled"

This disables both docker and VM, see if this makes a difference.

in my haste I did not remember when SERVICE was labelled previously, was is 'enabled' or 'enable'

3 hours ago, Squid said:

Not the answer I was expecting, but still explains things

Deleting that file *should* get you going, but I'd expect that you've also got some corruption on the flash drive somehow.  Pull the stick and toss it into another computer and run the file system checks on it, or reformat and recreate it (copy from /config the trial.key file and save somewhere safe)

Thank you! Think seems to have fixed the problem. Part of me thought that this was the issue but I was unsure if deleting this would cause any problems. 

I will backup everything and migrate to USB 2, as clearly this suggestion has merit. 

Thank you again for your time.