Two disks started in error state

bobbintb

My machine was becoming unresponsive so I did a reboot. It was a safe reboot, didn't have to force anything to shutdown, although it did take a while. When it came back up, a parity disk and an array disk were in error state. There doesn't seem to be any obvious reason though. No read or write errors, no SMART issues. I've attached my diagnostics. Any idea what happened? I'm just worried about re-adding them.

tower-diagnostics-20200217-0345.zip

Edited by bobbintb
2 minutes ago, johnnie.black said:

Disk got disabled before this last boot, likely during previous shutdown, but it does look healthy so you can rebuild on top, good idea to replace/swap cables to rule them out in case it happens again to the same disk.

Is it going to start a parity rebuild if I do that? I'm worried about the array being unprotected.

Edited by bobbintb
2 minutes ago, bobbintb said:

Is it going to start a parity check if I do that?

I have not checked but from your comments I assume you had dual parity which means 2 disabled drives can be rebuilt.

As one of the failed disk is a parity disk, then the parity on it will need to be rebuilt when you re-enable the drive, but this can happen in parallel to rebuilding the disabled data drive.

9 hours ago, johnnie.black said:

Yes, I forgot to mention parity, it can be synced at the same time, and yes array will be unprotected during the rebuild. 

Also a good idea to update the LSI firmware since it's using a very old one.

Hadn't noticed it was outdated, thanks. Although, every time I make a change to this server it goes to shit and I spend days fixing things so maybe I won't. I probably am long overdue for an upgrade TBH.