Unraid says bad drive

Ridgeb

Hi all, I've been using unraid for about a year as a home server, mainly to store backups and media for plex. I have an old WD drive with almost 17500 powered on hours. When i first connected it to my server unraid SMART came up with about 30 pending sectors. I then connected the drive to my main PC via sata and run Western Digital tools to test, extended smart test as well as a full erase. These came up clear and the drive passed. When i re-connected it to the server the previous errors had cleared and unraid said the drive was ok. I then attemped to add the drive to the array however on parity rebuild unraid then threw 100s of read errors out for this drive and now says has 'offline uncorrectable errors' as well as 'pending sectors'. My question is which one do i believe. I've replaced the cable and the drive is using the same pci controller as the other drives and are working fine. Do i trust windows the drive is ok or unraid saying the drive is bad?

I've run the extended smart test on the drive while connected to the unarid box aswell as my regular pc, the smart test fails while in the unraid box but passes in the PC. Just as a thought my unraid box has a 450 power supply, mini-itx and i think its a core i3 cpu, 2 ram sticks, a pci sata controller, 1 2.5 inch 1tb laptop drive, an ssd and currently 2 WD Red 1tb drives, my regular pc has a 750w psu, could the unraid box power supply be too low ?

Edited by Ridgeb

I'd have to re-connect the drive and run the tests again, this would take hours. I recall before the 100s of read errors during a parity re-sync the smart test would fail, there would be about 20-30 pending sectors, and about 5-6 uncorrectable errors. everything else was ok.