6.8.2 please help pfsense won't install

I've been trying to get pfsense installed but the install hangs on booting after the cd loads, I have used the free bsd template and tried seabios and ovmf, I've tried different q-35 versions as well but still can't seem to get the install to go through. I have already passed through an Intel I350 and it is showing in the vm setup under other pci devices and I removed the br0 host as well following spaceinvaders tutorial.

unraid is running on Strix B350 with a ryzen 1700x. It seems to load the cd install but hangs just after it starts to load pic attached

2020-02-17.png

I've tired OPNsense with the same failed results, no matter what settings I have seabios or ovmf and I ran through all the q35 and i440fx options, install still hangs seabios it hangs at masks and ovmf it hangs at booting during install.

I've ran through a few youtube videos of the setup and I can't seem to figure out what is going wrong as I've gone through step by step of the process the same as instructions.

Well although I was able to get the installer to run and it went through the process and reboot, now saying there is no network interface card present and says hit any key to restart, restarting vm after verifying card is all check marked in vm edit, getting same problem on startup of vm, hanging at boot or masks.

On 2/26/2020 at 4:28 PM, toastman said:

I had this exact problem, Its caused by something wrong with how the CPU is handled.  If you change the CPU to an emulated QEMU CPU, or emulate a Skylake processor your problems should be solved.  

Check that thread.  About halfway down on the first page

Thankyou

• 8 months later...
On 2/26/2020 at 11:28 PM, toastman said:

I had this exact problem, Its caused by something wrong with how the CPU is handled.  If you change the CPU to an emulated QEMU CPU, or emulate a Skylake processor your problems should be solved.  

Check that thread.  About halfway down on the first page

This worked perfectly for me, thank you !