[Support] Help with gangefors/ airdc

AgentClown

Hi! I'm trying to install this docker that isnt in the community apps and I have run in to some problems. I think I add the right paths and ports to the settings but whenever I try to start it just says

.No valid configuration found. Run the application with --configure parameter to set up initial configuration.

And when I add the --configure in extra parameters (under advanced view) the whole docker crashes. Here is a picture of my set up

23 minutes ago, Squid said:

If you're going to add --configure anywhere, then it would be under Post Arguments, not extra parameters (extra parameters are for extra parameters to the docker run command itself)

Oh, easy as that. I'm new to unraid and dockers so it is a bit of a steep learning curve :)

Okay, it now wants me to enter a username before I can start 

Enter username:
The username should contain only alphanumeric characters

[1mNo valid configuration was entered. Please re-run the command.[0m

Should i put it in Post arguments too? like --username agentclown ?

on the github page it says to run it like this, but I figure it's not the same on unraid

To add/modify administrative users to the web interface, run the following.

docker stop airdcpp docker run --rm -it --volumes-from airdcpp \ gangefors/airdcpp-webclient --add-user docker start airdcpp

9 minutes ago, Squid said:

After you install it stop it then enter the terminal and enter in those commands

Like how? Sorry but this is all new to me, I tried running it like this 

docker run --rm -it --volumes-from airdcpp\ gangefors/airdcpp-webclient --add-user agentclown

or how should i break it up? And should I do it in my root or someplace else?

• 2 months later...

Hi.

I'm the author of the Docker image you are trying to use. If you haven't found a way forward yet I think the following will help you on your way.

Populate your configuration directory (/mnt/user/appdata/airdcpp) with the following content.

https://github.com/gangefors/docker-airdcpp-webclient/tree/master/.airdcpp

This should solve your issue.

This is documented in the README under the Volume section.

https://github.com/gangefors/docker-airdcpp-webclient/blob/master/README.md#volumes

I will update my README with the output one gets so that others can find it faster in the README.

Edited by gangefors
Add link to docs and rephrasing

Hi gangefors! I got the docker up and running but I gave up when I thought I could just choose what folder i want in my share, same with download folder, but that does not to be the case. When I go in the /mnt folder it is all empty and I dont understand why, because the folder I want to use is in /mnt/user/.

Hope some of what I wrote makes sense otherwise just ask me!

If you still have everything configured as show in the first picture you posted, then I would expect it to work.

/mnt/user/downloads becomes /Downloads in the container/app and /mnt/user/my_share becomes /Share in the container/app. You should not be looking in /mnt from the apps point of view. It's running in the container, not on the host.

You can for example just start the container with your host folders mounted to some other folder in the container, with the same structure for example. Then in the Settings of airdcpp you can browse to those folders and choose them as the share and download folder. This might be the easist way to make it work since then you get to choose mounts youself and then just configure the application to what you have chosen as share/download folders.

I hope I made myslef understandable. If not, I would suggest that you first become familiar with how bind mounts work in Docker.

1 hour ago, gangefors said:

You can for example just start the container with your host folders mounted to some other folder in the container, with the same structure for example. Then in the Settings of airdcpp you can browse to those folders and choose them as the share and download folder. This might be the easist way to make it work since then you get to choose mounts youself and then just configure the application to what you have chosen as share/download folders.

Yeah thats what Im trying to do, but inside the airdcpp I cant find the folders im looking for. The airdcpp dont show any, but while in the terminal I can clearly see the directory tree. Or am I completly missunderstanding you now?

I attached some screen dumps for you to see. Thank you for taking your time to help me!

airdc.PNG

terminal.PNG

Yes, you are not understanding my explanation which means that you don't understand the concept of bind mounts in Docker.

Think of your host and the container where the application is running as two separate filesystems. In the docker container configuration where it says "Host Path #" you specify the path on your host. Then just under the host path you specify the path it will get inside the container. That path is what the application will see. It's basically a way to symlink a folder on one filesystem to a folder on another filesystem.

So, if you still have /mnt/user/my_share pointing to /Share, when in the application browse to /Share and not /mnt. You should see the content of /mnt/users/my_share in the /Share folder. That is how bind mounts work. You specify a path on the host and then where it will end up in the container.

If you want to make it really easy, just mount /mnt/user to /mnt/user and everything will show up as it is on your host even in the container.

This is the smallest example I can give you to show how it works.

gange@midgard:~/tmp$ touch foo.txt
gange@midgard:~/tmp$ ll
total 0
drwxr-xr-x 1 gange users  14 May 18 23:13 .
drwx------ 1 gange users 250 May 18 23:13 ..
-rw-r--r-- 1 gange users   0 May 18 23:13 foo.txt
gange@midgard:~/tmp$ pwd
/var/services/homes/gange/tmp
gange@midgard:~/tmp$ docker run -v /var/services/homes/gange/tmp:/foo/bar/baz alpine ls -R /foo
/foo:
bar

/foo/bar:
baz

/foo/bar/baz:
foo.txt

Here you can clearly see that my host path `/var/services/homes/gange/tmp` becomes `/foo/bar/baz` in the container.

If you still don't understand I cannot help you further.

Edited by gangefors
removed a couple of lines in the example
  • Like 1
  • 3 months later...

Hi gangefors / everyone,

Thanks for making & maintaining this container. I'm a fairly new user but have an issue: The appdata data is not going to the folder I specified under the "Data Storage" heading (/mnt/user/appdata/airdcpp/). That folder is completely empty.

I found all the data is going to "/var/lib/docker/volumes/18c74a254cd43b8251189634f5c7100d674f586243db23eae5c848d48659bb29/_data/"

How can I change this?

Edited by Ivegottheskill
formatting
  • 3 months later...

Ivegottheskill messaged me about their issue and the problem was not specifying the correct container path for bind mounting the `/.airdcpp` configuration directory. The . (dot) in the directory name was missing in their configuration causing the application to use an unnamed docker volume as the place to store the configuration (as expected).

After setting up the correct bind mount AND copying the default config files to the directory the problem was solved.

Edited by gangefors
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...
On 12/9/2020 at 9:36 AM, gangefors said:

Ivegottheskill messaged me about their issue and the problem was not specifying the correct container path for bind mounting the `/.airdcpp` configuration directory. The . (dot) in the directory name was missing in their configuration causing the application to use an unnamed docker volume as the place to store the configuration (as expected).

After setting up the correct bind mount AND copying the default config files to the directory the problem was solved.

hi. i've got the same problem as the guy you replied to. my data is in these weird volumes. should i create a folder (dot)airdcpp in my appdata folder and point the data storage path to it? i can't get it to work... 😕 i did it with and without the (dot). also tried to copy the two xml files in the appdata dir and restart dc. but it doesn't seem to created the rest of the files. edit: figured it out.

Edited by Hugh Jazz
  • 4 months later...

This is a bit of an older topic but I'm having the same problem as Ivegottheskill and Hugh Jazz.... except I can't figure it out like they did. I've got Data Storage mapped to /mnt/user/appdata/.airdcpp (container path is default of /airdcpp). If I reboot the container, all seems to be fine, but if I modify it by adding a new data path or remove one, the container is rebuilt and all my changes are lost. I've copied the default config files into /mnt/user/appdata/.airdcpp and I've added -e PUID=1000 -e PGID=1000 in Extra Parameters (as the container wouldn't even start for me without specifying PUID/PGID). Any help would be appreciated.

The latest image doesn't need the default configfiles to be copied before first boot. The entrypoint script takes care of that since a few versions.

I have also taken the time today and created a template for AirDC++ WebClient based on the docker image I provide.

Check out the user guide (https://github.com/gangefors/docker-airdcpp-webclient/wiki/UNRAID) or add the template directly (https://github.com/gangefors/unraid-docker-templates/tree/main/).

Please report any problems in the issue tracker (https://github.com/gangefors/unraid-docker-templates/issues).

Edited by gangefors
fixed links