Parity Drive Fail on New Server and New Drives

Hey All,

Had a weird occurrence last night as I was doing another bulk copy of my data to a new server.  Around 3:55am the parity drive (GU28Z) showed in error state. Then a minute later it showed errors on the rest of the array drives.  These are all brand new 10TB WD drives and all went through the preclear process.

After a reboot I show no errors but the parity drive is disabled.

Currently I am performing a "Read Test".  I have read in other posts that if nothing is wrong with the parity drive then I can reassign it?

I am not sure how to determine if the drive is ok.  I am wondering if I may have had a power issue or something.  The new server is on my desk currently and not yet protected behind a UPS.  Was going to move it down once I had everything running normally.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

jktower-diagnostics-20200218-0729.zip

Hey johnnie.black,

I have to say I panicked and did a fear reboot hoping everything would be ok afterwards.  I will remember this next time to pull the logs before.  I am currently just using onboard SATA. Could this maybe be a Mobo thing?

To resync the parity do I just need to wait for the "Read Check" to finish and then there will be an option to resync or is it more in depth?

And thanks for the quick response.  One of the reasons I love UNRAID is because of the community support.

30 minutes ago, Rallysports said:

To resync the parity do I just need to wait for the "Read Check" to finish and then there will be an option to resync or is it more in depth?

Cancel the pointless read check. To rebuild a disk to itself, whether parity or data, stop array, unassign disk to be rebuilt, start, stop again, reassign disk to be rebuilt, start again to begin rebuild.