I cannot save the settings of CPU Pinning Docker

QLSL

36 minutes ago, bonienl said:

Are your containers installed using CA?

Each container needs to have an XML file with its settings. The CPU pinning information is stored in this XML file.

Whether it is a container installed with ca,I cannot save the settings of CPU Pinning Docker

• Like 1
  • 11 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Ive upgrade to 6.9 final on another machine today - I notice some of the docker s have my previous pinning on - however I'm not able to set it on 4 dockers I'm trying to limit.  Haven't tried the others yet.

When I say I'm not able to, what actually happens is I can select the threads I want, I can apply them, it looks like it applies after I have pressed apply, but if I refresh the screen / go out, they're all gone again.  It's back to how it was originally.  Perhaps it's some kind of permissions issue, it's behaving like it's read only but doesn't know it.

I can confirm it's working on my main machine on latest 6.9 so it's likely not 6.9 specific.

I can also confirm it is working for VM's fine.  Weird.

Edited by Marshalleq

Found the problem - apparently unraid will do this when you have added a docker container not via the unraid gui.  Perhaps you could get around it by adding something else into the docker container via the GUI, but deleting the other docker containers got around the issue.  Go figure.

• 2 weeks later...

I am having the same issue on v6.9.1 on CA installed containers.  If I attempt to change the container CPU pinning via the dashboard page the changes do not save. If I change the container advanced settings the changes do save however, they are out of sync with the settings displayed on the dashboard page. When the container is running, It appears that the dashboard page settings take precedence. The work around I found was to delete and then re-add the container. 

• 1 year later...

I posted as well to another thread, I have too many containers to manage through the advanced tab for each one but I guess it’s a workaround. I have so many containers it’s quite tedious this way. 

I need some of the containers I’ve launched without the xml file, so this seems like a bug. Is there a bug request on this issue to track. 

4 minutes ago, gvkhna said:

I need some of the containers I’ve launched without the xml file, so this seems like a bug. Is there a bug request on this issue to track. 

It's not a bug.

If you're attempting to manage a container you've installed via the command prompt and not CA (or docker - Add Container and filling out the entries), then you're bypassing the system altogether and you'll have to manage them yourself via the command line.

In the other thread (sorry for double posting). I posted the xml for bazaar which I installed through CA but i'm not able to save the CPU Pinning selection. 

I'm not trying to manage CPU Pinning for manually installed containers, just the one's I've installed through CA as those are lower priority essentially.