Opinion for moving Forward

emuhack

Been running Unraid Version: 6.8.0 since release and Unraid for about 6 months. Finally worked out the kinks and what I think setup correctly. 

My next step is to separate docker appdata from my cache pool. What I'm noticing is when rutorrent and sonnarr are working, It bogs down the system as its maxing out the reads / writes of my older ssd's. 2 things come to mind and just want some opinions on what you guys would do. 

1. Wait until i can get my 1tb nvme and replace the older ssd's - that should open up my bandwidth on RW :)

2. Move my docker appdata to an unassigned ssd and leave my cache like it is?

THANKS!

20 hours ago, emuhack said:

just want some opinions on what you guys would do.

1. Update your signature.

2. Wait for a release of Unraid that includes multiple cache pools. IIRC it's supposed to be in public testing Soon™. (weeks to months)

If you go through the hassle of setting things up on unassigned devices you will have to redo much of your work when multiple cache pools are a thing.

Or, if you like tinkering and fooling around with your server, go ahead and switch things up for the novelty and experience.

There is really no "right" answer, which is probably why nobody replied. It's whatever you want to do.

8 minutes ago, jonathanm said:

1. Update your signature.

2. Wait for a release of Unraid that includes multiple cache pools. IIRC it's supposed to be in public testing Soon™. (weeks to months)

If you go through the hassle of setting things up on unassigned devices you will have to redo much of your work when multiple cache pools are a thing.

Or, if you like tinkering and fooling around with your server, go ahead and switch things up for the novelty and experience.

There is really no "right" answer, which is probably why nobody replied. It's whatever you want to do.

Thanks!

1. Updated my Signature :)

2. That sounds great, I will wait for Multiple Cache Pools, its really only a pain if i have alot of "Activity"

Thanks!