Read Error on New build

I have setup unraid for the first time and after putting my new/used drives in I got an alert saying that I got a read error.  These drives are used but come with a warranty, so want to make sure that the dirve is ok, or I will just get it replaced.  At the time of the error, I was doing a lot with the drives so it could have been something that I was doing that threw the error.  If I post my Diagnostics zip, can someone look at it and help me out?

TIA,

Keith

Thanks for the reply.  Once I finish moving my files back onto the storage, I will do that.  I also read that read errors also might be because of the cabling to them.  Is that sometimes the case?  I don't have another breakout cable for these SAS drives, but it is easy enough to get.

Edited by opiekeith

I will do this.  I rebooted it into the SAS controller and running test from the LSI controller currently.  I am still a noob with unraid and just now found the console button.  I should be able to run that command from the console within unraid right?

Edited by opiekeith

That command seems to be working.

Extended Background Self Test has begun
Please wait 617 minutes for test to complete.
Estimated completion time: Sat Feb 22 16:35:44 2020

Any idea why I was unable to run this within the gui?

Edit - It did seem to run in the gui but did not show it was running.

root@Hades:~# smartctl -l selftest /dev/sde
smartctl 7.0 2018-12-30 r4883 [x86_64-linux-4.19.98-Unraid] (local build)
Copyright (C) 2002-18, Bruce Allen, Christian Franke, www.smartmontools.org

=== START OF READ SMART DATA SECTION ===
Self-test execution status:             89% of test remaining
SMART Self-test log
Num  Test              Status                 segment  LifeTime  LBA_first_err [SK ASC ASQ]
     Description                              number   (hours)
# 1  Background long   Self test in progress ...   7     NOW                 - [-   -    -]
# 2  Background long   Completed                   -   45907                 - [-   -    -]
# 3  Background short  Completed                   -   45878                 - [-   -    -]
# 4  Background short  Completed                   -    5082                 - [-   -    -]

Also my disk test from the HBA controller did not find any errors.  I did get another cable for the SAS drives that I will put in tomorrow.  I read that with read errors it is common to have cable loose or bad.  It was cheap and I could always use another cable.

Edited by opiekeith