Folder Permissions mac/windows

soupn

Hello,

i have a unraid server on my network, 3 mac's (10.9.5/10.7.5/10.15.x) and 5 pc's with windows 10 pro.

I've copied all files from several sources to unraid, run the fix folder permissions to zero perms, and then started creating users and shares.

I can login to shares on all pc's and mac's. The problem is that all the folders/files I create in mac's are not accessible to pc users.

I can see the share in windows, i can see the folders and files the mac users create, but cant read/write those folders/files.

In windows to windows folders/files I can read/write. In windows to mac folders/files they can read/write. But in mac to windows folders/files the windows users cant read/read write.

What I'm doing wrong? Any help?

thanks.

21 minutes ago, soupn said:

I've copied all files from several sources to unraid

21 minutes ago, soupn said:

then started creating users and shares

22 minutes ago, soupn said:

are not accessible to pc users

Best guess right now is you've gotten nailed by a feature of windows where it caches credentials, and the credentials originally used prior to creating the users don't have access rights.

I think this'll work from a windows command prompt

net use * /del

• 3 weeks later...

well, i had an solution for this, and just wanted to share.

In the end I've found that my unraid had messed up permissions after leaving an windows AD.

I removed all ACL's with this command... (saw it on another topic)

setfacl -Rb /mnt/user/*

and than using the unraid "New Permissions" feature to get the permissions right again.

thanks.