Move taking over 5 days and locked out of GUI and telnet.

dbrowne

I just upgraded my parity drive from a 12 to 16TB one. I intended to repurpose the 12 TB drive to replace a smaller one in the build. But before doing that, and invoking another 6 day parity rebuild, I had 3.8 TB sitting in the cache that I decided to move onto the raid array first. I pressed the move button and lost the gui, neither can I telnet in. I can see that the indicator light on my cache drive is a solid hard working blue, while the rest of my drives are running as dimmer, but constantly flickering, blue as well, leading me to believe that they are likely all being written to. I am loathe to do a hard reboot for fear of losing or corrupting the data, but how long is it unreasonable to leave this running in the hope that the data transfer reaches some sort of conclusion before deciding to do so? It has so far been five days.

Unraid 6.something; as I'm locked out, so I can't check which version. 72TB on 16 drives + cache and parity. Parity rebuild speeds vary from 20MB/s to 60MB/s.

Any advice, however uninformed, is gratefully appreciated.

IMG_20200225_115113.thumb.jpg.5d29a6c2a9c803ec6f27e6395212d4bd.jpgIMG_20200225_115130.thumb.jpg.e44c5e40432f33353b62f32bd17b9930.jpg

So, I can reboot and and select any of the options on the launch page, but all the unraids types result in the same above screen. At that point it becomes unresponsive to keyboard entries and I have to reboot.

For lack of other options, I decided to do the memtest, and at present I see the following.

IMG_20200225_233742.thumb.jpg.94c0ee4144960f20e18dcd8562773f0b.jpg

Is this likely to be the culprit? If so, odd that it chose to manifest just as I invoked the Move function. Is it really likely to be just a case of swapping out the memory?