Corrupt files/folder/drive? (Solved)

wickyd

I've been missing a LOT of my media in Plex lately.  When I browse to the folder (ie TV), it shows up as empty.  If i share out the drives themselves, I see my missing files, but cannot read or write to the drives.  I've consoled in and it won't let me move or delete files because permissions are missing.  I've tried to fix the permission issues, but it won't let me.  I've tried to write new data to replace the messed up files and Plex picks it up...but only for a couple of hours, then it disappears.  I'm assuming it was because it was readable while it was in the cache but get messed up when the mover kicked in.  Any ideas?  I'm not sure if it's a problem with the share or several drives.  Parity ran fine.  I've also removed the drive from the array and mounted it separately, still no luck.  Again, I can see the files and folders, but can't read/write/delete.  Please help!

Edited by wickyd
9 hours ago, wickyd said:

Is this good enough

That looks fine.

Looks like disk3, disk5, and cache are all corrupt. Syslogs are pretty full and dense with these so I may have overlooked others. Also hard resets on ata12 but I can't tell what disk that is since those syslogs have rotated and the initial disk assignments are not included.

Have you done memtest recently?

• Like 1
  • wickyd changed the title to Corrupt files/folder/drive? (Solved)
  • 2 years later...

I have a similar issue, and am trying to learn HOW to look at the diagnostics or figure this type of thing out without a gui.  I hate having to ask for help every time I run up against an issue (which lets face it, I am using shucked SMR drives, so they come up more often than I would like)... But as with many things in a community like this, help is case by case, post diagnostics etc.. 
DirsyncPro is giving me an i/o error/unable to analyze /mnt/sourcefiles... and saying "structure needs cleaning"...  I am attaching a log/diag here even though this is someone else' solved topic from 3yrs ago... I realize that is probably terribly improper, but I don't yet understand if the point is just to fix my issue or make it easier for the next person with the problems by keeping it in one place...  So guidance here is appreciated as well. 

as always, thanks in advanced 

-G

ezra-diagnostics-20230809-1129.zip

Edited by Garbonzo
attachment
22 minutes ago, Garbonzo said:

I am attaching a log/diag here even though this is someone else' solved topic from 3yrs ago...

We usually recommend starting a new thread, but this is not a problem, please just don't post on an active thread, even if the problem looks the same, since it can get confusing trying to help multiple users at the same time.

Aug  9 10:04:48 Ezra kernel: XFS (md1p1): Metadata corruption detected at xfs_dinode_verify+0xa0/0x732 [xfs], inode 0x3504d1faa dinode
Aug  9 10:04:48 Ezra kernel: XFS (md1p1): Unmount and run xfs_repair

Check filesystem on disk1 (run it wihout -n)