GT 1030 Passthru not Working

a12vman

I put a GT 1030 in my unraid server. I updated my Vm settings but cannot start my VM. 

Attempt to start the Windows 7 VM and get the following error:

internal error: process exited while connecting to monitor: 2020-02-22T15:41:56.500373Z qemu-system-x86_64: -device vfio-pci,host=0000:06:00.0,id=hostdev0,x-vga=on,bus=pci.0,addr=0x4: vfio 0000:06:00.0: failed to setup container for group 17: Failed to set iommu for container: Operation not permitted

This was a working Windows 7VM that was using VNC Graphics. I get the error above after changing graphics & sound properties of the VM to use the GT 1030.

I have ACS Override enabled as well as the following in my syslinux:

append intel_iommu=on pcie_acs_override=downstream,multifunction vfio_vfio_iommu_type1.allow_unsafe_interrupts=1

Group 17 has the GT 1030 06:00:00 all by itself.

Any ideas?

Thanks In Advance,

12vman

• 5 months later...
On 2/22/2020 at 3:47 PM, a12vman said:

Group 17 has the GT 1030 06:00:00 all by itself.

Any ideas?

Thanks In Advance,

12vman

Where is the audio device? 06:00.01? Is it possible you’ve passed through the video portion of a card but not the audio?

please have a look at all the steps in the link in my sig and come back with detailed iommu groupings, vm xml etc if the problem persists.

1 hour ago, S3ppo said:

i have the same issue.. for me the whole unraid server is crashing when i start my windows 10 VM

the server doesnt answer on the webui anymore and i have to do a hard reset

It’s unlikely to be the same issue as the symptom is different, unless you have an identical error?

i suggest you review the link in my sig and then come back and start your own thread with your own specific details.