Static Network Issues

Not sure why this has suddenly gone cockeyed, but I normally set my NICs up as statics from an unRaid side. But when I do this it seems like the routing goes a bit weird. When set to static with the router set as gateway and DNS I get this in routing and the interface will show as down with the message check cable.

image.thumb.png.c0be39a10842c4880617a330d9e0adf0.png

If I say change etho0 to automatic (and use the router to set the static IP by MAC) the routing updates to this and I can break out correctly via the router:

image.thumb.png.95a1b29d6adf95a6cbcfa1edd09d89f9.png

Here's the example network setting for one of the NICS:

image.png.da16c89f6bb3824fe9bfc8e18df7873f.png

All NICs plugged into a flat switch into the LAN port of said router. It's not the biggest thing in the world as I can set statics from the router, but it's annoying me that I don't get what I'm doing wrong. 

Edited by SteelCityColt

Without wishing to necro this... the problem has got worse. Messing around I set each NIC in turn to automatic. When I got the eth2 the web gui hung and I wasn't able to get back in. Reset the baremetal server, and no dice still. 

Going in via the iLO console, I can see unRaid boot up as normal, aside from "device br1 not found" (paraphrasing as not in front of machine), and it tells me that the server is on 192.168.0.21. But I can't ping/SSH this IP, or any of the other NICs. I can see them asking for, and receiving, leases from the DHCP server though. 

Better off to bite the bullet and redo flash drive? 

37 minutes ago, johnnie.black said:

cd /boot/config

I am indeed an idiot. Thank you, back into the WebGUI now!

However, as soon as I set one NIC to a static IP again, it crashed the webGUI and won't let me back in again. Noticed running ifconfig there are some legacy interfaces still set up. How do I remove these for good? 

Edited by SteelCityColt