pfSense "internal error: End of file from qemu monitor", then "Libvirt Service failed to start"

PzrrL

I am having issue with pfSense (VM). This is the only VM I am having. It works fine after starting up server and array. I mean the pfSense works normally, but after restart, it is not able to give out DHCP IP to my device, and I am only getting self-assigned IP, this is what I mean by fail.

It fails when I tried to restart the pfSense VM. Restarting the VM alone, power off and restart the VM, turn on and off VM in VM setting, restarting the server, all does not work. It doesn't work until I completely shutdown the server then restart.

A side note: When I was using q35-4.2, my 4-port NIC is not discoverable by the pfSense, but on q35-3.1, it is a valid interface.

The above link was my problem, but after reading this post, I found that I might went to the wrong direction.

When I was reading the pfSense log, there is a line similiar to this:

error : qemuMonitorIO:718 : internal error: End of file from qemu monitor

But now I am not able to reproduce it. When I was having the above line, I cannot start the VM as the system says:

Libvirt Service failed to start

My VM setting:

1831396984_Screenshot2020-02-23at17_51_50.thumb.png.42c6c50b08b7f00400697eb19bf2a3a5.png

Now, it seems that I am not able to reproduce the above lines error, but I am still having the issue of not able to get an IP from the pfSense DHCP Server after restarting the pfSense VM, only a complete shutdown of unraid would solve it. Any advice would help thanks!!!

Attached please find my diagnostics.

uncrate-diagnostics-20200223-1748.zip

Edited by PzrrL
Side note
  • 2 months later...