Network speed down to 100mb from1gb

l3gion

HI,

My server is randomly drops my network speed from 1gb to 100Mb, today I caught it on the log:

"vnstatd[6095]: Detected bandwidth limit for "eth0" changed from 1000 Mbit to 100 Mbit."

My network is the Motherboard integrated one, from a Fujitsu D3417-B2 

I also didn't used to have this drops in speed, I think they only started since upgrading to 6.8.0

If I restart the server the speed is back to 1gb, but having to restart  every couple of days would be pretty annoying....

Anyone else has this issue too? Any idea what it could be?

Thanks.

diagnostics-20200223-2217.zip

Edited by l3gion

Most likely causes:

• network cable has broken wire in it ... solution: try a different cable.
  • cable connection is poor .... solution: check both ends of the network cable is fully plugged into the sockets.  If either end has a broken clip on the connector, replace cable.
  • port in hub is going wonky .... solution: try another port.
  • hub is going wonky .... solution: replace hub.
  • network port in Unraid server is going ... solution: use a cheap plugin network card, intel based ones are usually pretty compatible with Unraid.
  • Like 1
On 2/23/2020 at 10:50 PM, remotevisitor said:

Most likely causes:

• network cable has broken wire in it ... solution: try a different cable.
  • cable connection is poor .... solution: check both ends of the network cable is fully plugged into the sockets.  If either end has a broken clip on the connector, replace cable.
  • port in hub is going wonky .... solution: try another port.
  • hub is going wonky .... solution: replace hub.
  • network port in Unraid server is going ... solution: use a cheap plugin network card, intel based ones are usually pretty compatible with Unraid.

I'm looking into it. Different cable and diffent hub port have the same result.

I'll try to get an add in network NIC to see if the problem goes away. 

Thanks guys.

8 hours ago, testdasi said:

Something you may try out of left field is to get some airflow over the NIC (wherever it is on your motherboard). It can overheat and cause weird issues.

Thanks for the suggestion, but I'm not that is the cause, as a reference my cpu sits around 35-40ºc and the array drives 25-28ºc, so temperature is pretty low in general inside the case.