Unable to boot after OS update

Hi,

My server is up and running for 10 years. Last firmware update messed up my boot drive. After rebooting, it's not booting back to Unraid OS. My booting order is correct. I did first aid in MacOS to repair the USB if there is any issues but no luck. How do I troubleshoot the issue? Please help!

Edited by unbeatable
On 2/26/2020 at 5:01 AM, johnnie.black said:

You need to give more details or it's very difficult to help, stuck how? It's on the Unraid boot menu and you can't select any boot option? You can also post a photo or movie to better show the issue.

On 2/26/2020 at 7:25 AM, toastman said:

Can you go into your BIOS boot options and manually select your boot device

On 2/26/2020 at 7:28 AM, trurl said:

So are you stuck in the BIOS, or are you stuck at the Unraid Boot Menu?

I was able to boot Unraid by choosing manually in BIOS boot options. I think I screwed up something in Fix Common Problems plugin when it was running ok. Do you think it's better for me to recover from my flash drive backup at this point?

Screen Shot 2020-03-01 at 3.40.38 PM.png

You could recover your flash drive, but that won't necessarily solve the booting option.  Did you select the UEFI boot option in unRAID without setting that option in your BIOS, or vice versa?

Go into your BIOS, and select your unRAID USB.  If it doesn't work in UEFI mode, try legacy mode.  Once you get it booting regularly, then you can tackle the next problem

15 hours ago, unbeatable said:

I think I screwed up something in Fix Common Problems plugin when it was running ok.

Unlikely to be the cause of a booting problem. Put flash in your PC and let it checkdisk. Make sure you are booting from a USB2 port.

After trying each of these, get us diagnostics if you can. Go to Tools - Diagnostics and attach the complete diagnostics zip file to your NEXT post.

If you can boot then if you still have problems, use your flash backup if it is current, might help some things. You can prepare flash as a new install and just copy the config folder from your backup.

If you still have problems, you can edit config/docker.cfg on flash to disable dockers, edit config/domains.cfg on flash to disable VMs, edit config/disk.cfg to disable autostart on the array. Then reboot in SAFE mode.