[PROPOSAL] During a container update, before removing the old version, make sure the new one actually successfully installed!

Hey community,

maybe I'm missing something here, but I'm rather irritated that I'm currently dealing with a bunch of lost containers... Something must have timed out or such, but this isn't necessarily a thread about the cause of my problem, this is about my suggestion that during updating the old container should remain stored until the new version has succeeded.

Alternatively keep the config overwrites stored...

Something! So I don't have to start screen-shooting my configs and counting containers just to see if there is gonna be a lost one one day.

Cheers!

5 hours ago, Squid said:

You never need to do this.  In the case of a failed install, just go to Apps, Previous apps and it'll be there

I just read about Docker > Add Container > pick from list.

I feel like the biggest potato right now... My point still stands though, a container shouldn't be able to disappear due to a hanging install procedure.

Thanks for your feedback though, at first I tried the usual Apps > search for app and add and that left me with a default config proposal. I borked my Plex now, because I followed what seems like way outdated advice (add normally, don't change anything, but apparantly that advice from... 5-6 years ago? I don't remember where I read it - didn't have Community Applications in mind)