bit of networking advice with docker needed ...

Hi ... i'm trying out 'syncthing' docker, it's working well so far, i've only 'lost' 1000+ files just the once.

I'm confident i can trust it in the shortterm but as my main and backup servers have 10Gb cards i'd like to amend the docker to point at those if possible.

My understanding of docker + networking on unRaid is v.limited so is there any info out there or is anyone prepared to guide me along the way.

At present it's just taking a bit too long to sync files between the two machines and as those faster cards are there (they've never been used cos i have no idea whether i've set them up correctly so never bothered) i may as well give them a try.

They are configured on a separate subnet 192.168.2.xx each, i just dont know how to reconfigure at the network settings/docker end of things.

Help would be appreciated ...

Yup ... peer to peer. 1m cable. I need a dedicated connection for docker to "see" each machine on but no idea how to set this up. 

Ok so I have a similar setup, I have a 4 port nic and 3 of those are on a different vlan.

So what I wanted was my Sab to go out my vpn but my sonarr and radarr to be on my proxynet but what I found out is that sonarr or radarr could not talked to sab because they were in two different subnets.

What I did was enabled bonding on each eth in unraid and it created br0 br1 etc

Then on my sonarr and radarr docker I added the following command

docker network connect br1 (or whatever the br is) sonarr ( name of the docker) and boom sab was reachable.

However when the sonarr/radarr dockers get updated they lose it and I have to run that command again. But in my setup i have a dhcp running for each vlan and when it attaches to the other vlan it grabs an ip and that’s how they are able to talk to each other.

Recently while I was looking at the docker advance settings ( docker not running ) I discovered a check box where it gives access from the subnet unraid is at to the docker networks.

So that’s maybe something that you could use since you are doing peer to peer

Sorry for the novel.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk