SUPERMICRO AOC-SASLP-MV8 & ASUS M4A89GTD Pro USB3

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...

I have updated to the 2001 bios and ACHI mode works with the Supermicro.

I'm glad everything has worked out for you.  It was pain in the a$$ to get ACHI working with this mobo.  =[  One last thing, the amd achi driver still doesn't pass the smart data.  =[

JB

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I was asked and hooked up a kill-a-watt to my system here's the results ...

I have an M4A89GTD PRO USB3 motherboard with 6GB DDR3-1600 Ram and an AMD 1090T Hex-Core processor

There is an RC218 4 port Sata card inside with 2 x AOC-SASLP-Mv8's

The Parity drive is a 2TB WD Black and I have 6 2TB WD green drives with a 1.5TB WD Green for Data and a 1TB WD Black drive for Parity ...

The WD Black drives (2) are "faster" needing more power and the Green drives (7) are more power efficient but slower

I'll try to catch the peak wattage, the parity wattage and the spun down wattages

The wattages :

The peak on boot is  230W

all drives spun up is 180-185W

Parity Check            195-200W

all drives spun down 145-150W

I have this machine currently running 4 VirtualBox VM's for video conversion ... that's why I choose the processor and memory.

I have an M4A89GTD PRO USB3 motherboard with 4GB DDR3-1333 memory and an AMD 905e 2.5Ghz Quad Core Processor

With 5 dual tuner video capture cards and 4 x 250GB WD Hard disks along with an OCZ 64GB SSD as a boot drive and a Pioneer DVD Writer ... Just watching movies on SageTV under Windows 7 ... it's running at 115 watts.

Hope this helps,

Bobby

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 2 months later...

I have upgraded to the SAS2LP and BIOS 3030 on my M4A89GTD PRO. Parity build and check speeds have improved but write speed has not. I did some preclear on the board via the on board sata ports and I was getting a max speed of 120 MB/s. I then connected the same hdds to the sata ports on a Asrock Z68 Fatal1ty and I was getting 150MB/s max. Strange!

• 2 months later...

My Desktop just recently got converted into a unRAID NAS Box - 5.0-rc11:

Motherboard - ASUS M4A89GTD Pro USB3 flashed with 3030 beta bios - All Sata ports set to ACHI.

SUPERMICRO AOC-SASLP-MV8 with bios 3.1.0.21

Currently reading 4TB WD hard drives from both motherboard and SASLP-MV8 without any issues - finally - had issues booting until I Flashed to bios 3030 and loaded defaults - then reconfigured the bios for proper boot (USB Flash).

Currently using 4 motherboard ports and 4 SASLP Ports - within the next couple of days will have all ports occupied and will post my results... :D

------------------------------------------------------------

So now I have all motherboard sata ports and all AOC-SASLP-MV8 ports being used - no issues... Will be adding another AOC-SAS2LP-MV8 in the near future...

• 6 years later...

Ok, I'll be reviving an 6 years old thread but the same problem happens to me with the M4A89GTD PRO/USB3 and a LSI 9207-8i Card. I was unable to boot unRAID, the computer freezed just after the bios (black screen). After a couple of research on this forum and on the web, I've tried to disable the onboard SATA and BOOM, it works...

So, the problem is not only with the AOC card. It seems to be a problem with this motherboard and some SATA/SAS adapter. So, thanx to this forum, I've upgraded my M4A89GTD PRO/USB3 to the latest NON-BETA firmware (revision 3029) and it works perfectly. I'm now preclearing my new 4TB drive connected to the LSI card.

All SATA ports set to AHCI, 9207-8i on latest firmware. Thank you nacat78 and everybody on this topic.

Draven