Help with MCELOG hardware issue found by Fix Common Problems

TwoFive5

Hi all,

So Fix common problems found a hardware error and suggested using mcelog to find out what the issue is. I have attached my log files below.

I am not sure if this is the error it is detecting, but in the log this is the error I keep seeing over and over:

Feb 24 09:37:00 Unraid kernel: usb 1-3.2: new low-speed USB device number 116 using ehci-pci
Feb 24 09:37:00 Unraid kernel: usb 1-3.2: device descriptor read/64, error -32
Feb 24 09:37:00 Unraid kernel: usb 1-3.2: device descriptor read/64, error -32

I am guessing it might be my USB stick going bad, but that seems strange as it is only 6 months old. All of this is running on a Dell R710 if that matters.

Hopefully someone can give me some advice on this.

Thanks!

unraid-syslog-20200224-1705.zip

No, there doesn't seem to be any symptoms yet. But this just started a few days ago from what I can tell.

Have not done a memtest. I am assuming you mean for the RAM?

I have seen an error before on some of the ram sticks but it seemed to go away.

I was planning on pulling the RAM and CPU's this weekend to upgrade them.

It was an error reported on the server's idrac. I moved some of the sticks around thinking the order I had them in was wrong.

Sat Dec 21 2019 06:44:11	Persistent correctable memory error rate has increased for a memory device at location DIMM_A2.	
Thu Oct 24 2019 17:30:28	Persistent correctable memory error rate has increased for a memory device at location DIMM_A2.

I am running a memtest now.

Edited by TwoFive5
Added Information
2 hours ago, TwoFive5 said:

It was an error reported on the server's idrac. I moved some of the sticks around thinking the order I had them in was wrong.

Sat Dec 21 2019 06:44:11	Persistent correctable memory error rate has increased for a memory device at location DIMM_A2.	
Thu Oct 24 2019 17:30:28	Persistent correctable memory error rate has increased for a memory device at location DIMM_A2.

I am running a memtest now.

Is this ECC memory? I didn't see that mentioned when I googled that Dell model.