2nd USB flash drive

Walter S

Hi all, quick question, I have a second Unraid Pro license USB I keep aside for backup.

I would like to update its contents to the current working (with no errors & valid parity) configuration.

I have made backups of both licensed USB’s.

I copied all files from USB #1 to USB #2 with the exception of the “Pro.Key” license data file in the config folder, however when I boot using USB #2 It requires me to reestablish all disk assignments and then proceed to do a parity check.

I thought I would swap USB’s and give the other one a rest.

Is this normal?

11 hours ago, Walter S said:

Hi all, quick question, I have a second Unraid Pro license USB I keep aside for backup.

I would like to update its contents to the current working (with no errors & valid parity) configuration.

I have made backups of both licensed USB’s.

I copied all files from USB #1 to USB #2 with the exception of the “Pro.Key” license data file in the config folder, however when I boot using USB #2 It requires me to reestablish all disk assignments and then proceed to do a parity check.

I thought I would swap USB’s and give the other one a rest.

Is this normal?

No, this should work.  The fact that it did not suggests that not all files in the config folder got copied from USB #1 to USB #2.

First I backed-up USB #1 via the web gui (zip file).   In my Windows 10 desktop I unzipped the file and copied all files with the exception of the "Key.File" in the config folder.  When it was all done I replaced the USB#2 "Key.File" back the the config folder.  When I booted unraid with the freshly copied USB#2 unraid requires me to re-assign all disks and then it would commence with a parity check.  At this point, I stopped and powered down and put the original (USB#1) back in and restarted.  Now all is back to normal with all disks assigned properly, Valid Parity and no errors.

I just wondered if anybody has done this. I wanted to keep a backup USB valid in the event of a USB failure.