Can't access WebUI

Problem - Can't access webUI, either from my LAN or even booting in GUI mode.  I can SSH into the machine.  

Everything had been running fine previous to this.  I was making some rclone changes tonight, so booted to gui mode to grab certs for google drive, and when I rebooted back to headless I could not access the web interface.  I also removed nextcloud and deleted my nextcloud share off my array.  Those are the only things I did. 

It looks like unraid is grabbing an ip from my dhcp server, but I simply can't access the web interface.  I did notice this line during bootup "RTNETLINK answers: Network is down".  Any ideas?

someflix-unraid-diagnostics-20200227-0046.zip

Edited by statecowboy

I've left the server on even though I can't access it.  My array doesn't seem to have started either.  That said, I just got this error sent to my inbox over night:

error: stat of /var/log/nginx/*.log failed: No such file or directory

EDIT - I should probably add I deleted all files out of my nextcloud directory using krusader.  I am confident I did not delete anything out of the wrong directory or something like that, but if there were links to files on my boot drive from nextcloud somehow those would have been wiped.  I dont suspect that's the case, but just trying to provide as much info as possible.  In addition, I did recently change how I was integrating pihole.  I switched from a hardware pi to docker pihole.  That said, the server survived the reboot into gui mode yesterday so I don't know if that's what's going on.

EDIT 2 - As I'm scouring the web looking for similar issues it may be worth mentioning I was using my boards built in remote console when booting to gui mode (something I have not done in the past - I just added the remote module to my board not too long ago).  I'm curious if this could have caused the server to boot into legacy vs UEFI (I dont know much about this topic), but after seeing some issues with this in the past I'm going to pull that string.

EDIT 3 - I have tried renaming the "EFI-" folder in boot to "EFI" but this did not work.  I have also deleted the "network.cfg" file from boot, but this also did not work (and I also noticed that after reboot unraid did not regenerate that file, which I found odd).  I have also rebooted my router (UDM-Pro) because the software on it is, well, not the stablest.  That also did not do anything.  

Edit 4 - Tried deleting contents of SSH and SSL config folders thinking maybe it there was an issue there.  No go.

Edited by statecowboy

Hi guys, I think I've exhausted everything I can think of at this point.  I even tried putting an older version of my network.cfg back into the boot folder and rebooting.  Same symptoms.  I can SSH into the machine just fine, but the OS GUI is unreachable and my dockers and shares dont appear to be initializing.  

First thing to do is to try and reboot into safe mode and see if that makes a difference.  

Also, were you running a script via user scripts set to run at Array Start.  Previous versions of US if the script didn't exit would stop the UI from loading until the script actually finished (this was by design, but was changed on today's update).

If this is what your issue is, then what you're going to want to do is edit /config/disk.cfg on the flash drive and change startArray="yes" to be startArray="no"

Then reboot and go to user scripts / plugins and update the plugins

Then try starting the array.  If that works, under disk settings you can change the setting back to auto start the array.

• Thanks 1
2 hours ago, Squid said:

First thing to do is to try and reboot into safe mode and see if that makes a difference.  

Also, were you running a script via user scripts set to run at Array Start.  Previous versions of US if the script didn't exit would stop the UI from loading until the script actually finished (this was by design, but was changed on today's update).

If this is what your issue is, then what you're going to want to do is edit /config/disk.cfg on the flash drive and change startArray="yes" to be startArray="no"

Then reboot and go to user scripts / plugins and update the plugins

Then try starting the array.  If that works, under disk settings you can change the setting back to auto start the array.

Thanks for responding.  Booting into safe mode works.  I at least can access the gui.  Should I now try to edit the disk.cfg you mentioned above?  Or, since I can access the UI now should I disable array autostart and update plugins? (I did have some US set to start on array start)

EDIT - I turned off autostart on the array (settings->disk settings->enable auto start->"no").  I succesfully booted!  I went and updated the US plugin as well.  Do you think I'm good now?  Or is there something else I need to check out?

EDIT 2 - I think I found the culprit.  The rclone mount script was hung for some reason (showing as still running).  I disabled those scripts for now so I can debug.  Pretty sure that was the issue.  That script must have been hung and wouldnt allow the gui to start.  

Thanks so much, Squid!

Edited by statecowboy