HP server support.

I have recently aquired an HP DL380 G6 with the 410i PCI raid card.

I would love to see these supported natively, i have been fighting this installation for two days straight now.

1. no nics are recognized.

2. boot into GUI mode -- no WebUI available.

3. -- don't mind using the 410i as a simple RAID0 per drive passthrough.

Anna, I am attempting to use one of your brzimage files on the latest 6.8.2 loads of unraid. but my nics are still not showing up in either GUI nor standard boot modes... I have tried all boot options in the menu, none of them are loading the nic's. I do see from an 'ifconfig' that there is a br0 but under that bridge there is no eth0-eth3 (there are 4 ports).

1812, while your post you quoted was full of info, none of the options (short of adding a nic) have not panned out. I will be trying that hopefully tomorrow. Currently Winders server works fine and all hardware appears operational.

sota, It would be nice to have the unraid detect and load the nics. I am hoping that your nic idea pans out. 

let me get back to yall when I try another nic.

9 hours ago, AnnabellaRenee87 said:

Is your NIC a card or integrated on the board? You may need to get your logs and ask@limetech to add the NICs drivers to the next build.
Out patch only fixes a very specific issue with virtualization, nothing driver wise is modified from stock.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

I am currently still using the 'built in' Nics on the motherboard. it would be great to have them utilized, that is why i was going to buy a PCIE nic to verify.

4 hours ago, jonathanm said:

There is  a strong possibility that your USB flash drive is not mounting during the boot process. What brand / model is it, and specifically how did you prepare it?

At the local console check the content of /boot. If it's empty, then that means the USB didn't mount.

I have several USB drives i have tried -- each with varying levels of success(thought it was the way i was loading them).

last one i tried was a newer PNY 16G not sure of the model number. I manually backed up the files then replaced the image file with Anna's proliant fix, then ran make bootable, then safely removed.

The first time i tried was with an old Patriot XT 4G, that time i used the UNRAID usb creator with no mods, then i did the same with the manual process above with no better luck. the cli is available in every case, web gui is not there and neither are the nics.

1 hour ago, jonathanm said:

So, I guess the USB and Server finally succumbed to my requests to work...

I just rebooted for the 032984049720346256 time and now I have full functionality.... thank you all for all the input and help!!!

I have no idea what was going wrong or what is now right!!! but now the DL380 G6 is up and working, I have access to all the drives defined, and I even used my old USB key from my other server!!!! I did test first with a new trial key to verify it would work, now to build a mount and add my old drives!!!