Caching Plex new media

Adouken

Hey,

So I am just wondering if there is a way to keep new media downloaded from sonarr/radarr on a cache drive for a set amount of time so plex can add it then moving it to the array.

Currently the main bottleneck I am facing is copying media especially big files from the SSD temp to the array.

• Like 1

Sorry if it's unclear. So my current setup does this:

Nzbget downloads to a temp area which is on an SSD for speed.

Sonarr/radarr sees when it's finished downloading and moves it to a share on the array.

Plex scans the shares once it's finished copying and adds it to plex.

The issue is that when copying from the temp ssd to array. if its a big file 10GB+ this can take quite a while. 

So I'm wondering if there is a way of keeping the media on the SSD for a period of time so it's picked up by plex quickly. Then wait a few days and move it to the array?

46 minutes ago, Adouken said:

Sonarr/radarr sees when it's finished downloading and moves it to a share on the array.

Why not just make that share it gets moved to a cache-yes share? Assuming plex is only looking at user shares, then it won't know the difference, and mover will move it to the array according to its schedule.

Thanks guys, I never realised this was an option. I moved from a dual Windows Server setup with a lot of drive mapping remote path mappings. 

I added cache: Yes to the share then setup up mover to run every 7 days which works perfectly. 

Thank you!

2 hours ago, Adouken said:

setup up mover to run every 7 days

Make sure you don't overfill cache with that schedule. Go to Global Share Settings and set Minimum Free for cache to larger than the largest file you expect to write to cache.

If Unraid sees cache has less than minimum, it will overflow cache-yes shares to the array instead of running out of space with an error.