[SOLVED] Unable to read data faster than 17MB/s (6.8.2)

I'm trying to move some files onto my machine locally but I can't get file transfer speeds faster than ~17MB/s. I have researched the issue and tried messing around with some SMB settings but nothing I have found has had an effect. So I'm here, thanks kinda strangers in advance :)

I tried tranafering the files to an internal m.2 drive and an external USB SSD on my window 10 machine but got the same speed. The machine has 3 8TB drives, one of which is Parity. I was able to transfer file around 33MB/s to the machine but I can't read them as fast as I can write them... idk

tower-diagnostics-20200229-1516.zip

• 3 months later...

Just in case someone comes from google with a similar issue. It's a decent chance it’s a networking issue.

I was able to resolve the issue by reverting my desktops network adapter settings. This will likely only help you if you messed up a config setting somewhere in the past. Which is apparently what happened here. In this case my personal computer was connecting to my unraid server over wifi instead of my network card.

• JorgeB changed the title to [SOLVED] Unable to read data faster than 17MB/s (6.8.2)