[Support] randomninjaatk - lidarr-lad

Docker: Lidarr (Nightly) with Lidarr Automated Downloader (LAD) script included!

Script: https://github.com/RandomNinjaAtk/lidarr-automated-downloader

Documentation can be found here: https://github.com/RandomNinjaAtk/docker-lidarr-lad

IMPORTANT: I will be discontinuing this container sometime soon, its already removed from the app store.

Please use: AMD and AMVD in the app store as replacements

Documentation found here:

https://github.com/RandomNinjaAtk/docker-amvd

https://github.com/RandomNinjaAtk/docker-amd

Edited by randomninjaatk
  • Like 3

Thanks for this, I have been using the script separately and was hoping a unified container would come out. 

I was hoping there would be a way to have LAD skip the ones that it couldn't find in previous runs. For example, I don't want to search and download all 2000 wanted albums immediately and there is now about 100 or so albums at the beginning of the queue that aren't on Deezer that it still looks for everytime. 

Thanks again

The latest script implementation uses a caching engine, so if no changes need to be made to the existing cache, your technically only re-searching the existing cache.

It's not likely to be possible to just skip checking them entirely, but caching does make that faster...

Edit: In the config settings, you can control how many it attempts to process at a time, but you cannot change the order, so that means the first 100 in your case will always be re-checked. The setting to adjust from the default is  "LAD: Missing/Cutoff Amount", by default its set to the maximum

Edited by randomninjaatk
  • Like 1
  • 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...

This might just be my ignorance but for anyone having trouble getting the script to run: the music videos path is based of the container path, not the path on the host (so the opposite of all previous settings).  Originally I had "/mnt/user/music_videos" as the LAD Music Videos path and the script would fail to run.  Instead, use the container path you set up with the previous settings, as seen in the image below.lidarr.thumb.png.031eb66180ce52d9aeb035ca5c88e0a2.png

On 3/3/2020 at 5:51 PM, randomninjaatk said:

The latest script implementation uses a caching engine, so if no changes need to be made to the existing cache, your technically only re-searching the existing cache.

It's not likely to be possible to just skip checking them entirely, but caching does make that faster...

Edit: In the config settings, you can control how many it attempts to process at a time, but you cannot change the order, so that means the first 100 in your case will always be re-checked. The setting to adjust from the default is  "LAD: Missing/Cutoff Amount", by default its set to the maximum

I'm having trouble figuring out how to limit the music video downloads.  Is that something I need to create in a youtubedl config file?  Currently the script is downloading every music video that exists for each artist in my collection; i'd like it to only download the music video's that match tracks in my collection.

On 6/24/2020 at 11:29 AM, Bumblebus said:

Forgive me for asking but what exactly does the "lidarr automated downloader" script add to Lidarr? My current Lidarr container can already automatically search and download songs using usenet and torrents, rename and place those files where Plex can find them.

It uses third party software to perform downloads automatically, so not torrent or usenet.

On 7/26/2020 at 2:14 PM, RinkyDinkBear said:

I'm having trouble figuring out how to limit the music video downloads.  Is that something I need to create in a youtubedl config file?  Currently the script is downloading every music video that exists for each artist in my collection; i'd like it to only download the music video's that match tracks in my collection.

I believe right now there is a config option to limit it to only matched musicbrainz releases (LAD: Music Videos Require Match). However, that only limits it to matches for all of musicbrainz releases for an artist. There is no capability to limit it to only what is in your digital library...

@RinkyDinkBear

I've built a new container just for music videos only... url: https://hub.docker.com/r/randomninjaatk/amvd

Once I've figured out a icon for it, I'll publish it on the community store. I'm working on separating some of my script functions fro this into separate containers to make it more manageable. My original script is quite complex for me, and makes it difficult for me to manage with so much crammed into one script.

@randomninjaatk

Hey great job but I have a few questions.

1. Are the instructions on github meant for Unraid as well?

- I ask this because there are references to a config file, unraid doesn't make one I'd have to go get it from your github and I wanted to make sure that was the right thing to do.

- Also how is the .bash being run? Unraid wipes everything at restart so the only way that I can think of to run the script is using using scripts.

2. I don't use Beets, can I just bypass stuff having to do with beets or is it required?

3. If I only want Lidarr to use Deemix do I have to set up any other search or indexers in Lidarr? Can I just add artists and have the script run it?

4. PathtoDLClient, how do i set a path to deemix when its a docker? setting it to mnt/user/appdata/deemix is nothing

Essentially all I want is Lidarr to use Deemix as search/downloader and I'm assuming this is it but it's a tad bit complicated, sorry I'm not the best at this. I might just start again one day and go through step by step.

Edited by Wavey
10 hours ago, Wavey said:

@randomninjaatk

Hey great job but I have a few questions.

1. Are the instructions on github meant for Unraid as well?

- I ask this because there are references to a config file, unraid doesn't make one I'd have to go get it from your github and I wanted to make sure that was the right thing to do.

- Also how is the .bash being run? Unraid wipes everything at restart so the only way that I can think of to run the script is using using scripts.

2. I don't use Beets, can I just bypass stuff having to do with beets or is it required?

3. If I only want Lidarr to use Deemix do I have to set up any other search or indexers in Lidarr? Can I just add artists and have the script run it?

4. PathtoDLClient, how do i set a path to deemix when its a docker? setting it to mnt/user/appdata/deemix is nothing

Essentially all I want is Lidarr to use Deemix as search/downloader and I'm assuming this is it but it's a tad bit complicated, sorry I'm not the best at this. I might just start again one day and go through step by step.

1. The entire config is included in the docker configuration options. So no, you don't manually change anything in any config file. Just install from the community store and configure. The script is run via cron if you enable autoruns.

2. It's optional

3. Your assumption is correct, you can strictly use the built in client

4. You don't need to set this, docker is pre-configured

Hope that answers your questions

• Like 1
On 7/31/2020 at 8:01 AM, randomninjaatk said:

1. The entire config is included in the docker configuration options. So no, you don't manually change anything in any config file. Just install from the community store and configure. The script is run via cron if you enable autoruns.

2. It's optional

3. Your assumption is correct, you can strictly use the built in client

4. You don't need to set this, docker is pre-configured

Hope that answers your questions

It did and it works! thanks a ton I'm just waiting for Lidarr to scan in my library since yesterday...ha. Hopefully it can handle the requests. I also noticed it grabbed explicit versions which is great, will it automatically grab explicit if there are two options? i'd rather not get a bunch of clean stuff unless thats how its supposed to be.

For everyone on this thread,

You can migrate directly to linuxserver.io Lidarr container using the preview tag. Simply change the repo to the new location you'll convert to the new image.

Pic:

image.png.d0e20c200493088807969fcdf70a0df5.png

However, I would recommend that you do the following instead: Set up a fresh container and point the config directory to your existing lidarr-lad appdata folder, and map the same volumes as the original container.

Edited by randomninjaatk

I'm not sure how much influence Lidarr has on the script's download process. Is it possible to implement a proxy? or will it take advantage of a proxy already setup in LIdarr?

And does the script have the capability to upgrade current media to a higher profile like it would do with a standard download client? I've tried testing it with Lidarr's settings with no success so far.

(I'm using your newest container- AMD)

Edited by Kudagra
4 hours ago, Kudagra said:

I'm not sure how much influence Lidarr has on the script's download process. Is it possible to implement a proxy? or will it take advantage of a proxy already setup in LIdarr?

You likely have to set the network of the container to use proxy. Everything is completed in the container itself. It only makes API calls to Lidarr, so it would not use lidarr's connection in any way.

4 hours ago, Kudagra said:

And does the script have the capability to upgrade current media to a higher profile like it would do with a standard download client? I've tried testing it with Lidarr's settings with no success so far.

It currently doesn't do upgrades. That could be something I add, right now it only processes missing list, not cutoff.

• Thanks 1
18 hours ago, randomninjaatk said:

You likely have to set the network of the container to use proxy. Everything is completed in the container itself. It only makes API calls to Lidarr, so it would not use lidarr's connection in any way.

It currently doesn't do upgrades. That could be something I add, right now it only processes missing list, not cutoff.

Thanks for the quick response. I'll try messing around with my file paths in order to force it to re-download all my current content. Now to attempt learning 'beets' for the auto encoding!

For those that come across this in the future- randomninjaatk's docker-amd seems to be functioning fine while being ported through my binhex-delugevpn docker. I used Spaceinvader One's video as a guide to do so.

Edited by Kudagra
18 hours ago, Kudagra said:

New update should be out that will allow you to set which list types to process. Effectively enabling that feature.

10 hours ago, Kudagra said:

Thanks for the quick response. I'll try messing around with my file paths in order to force it to re-download all my current content. Now to attempt learing 'beets' for the auto encoding!

Also curious, what format are you looking to convert too? The original script used to have conversion features built in, not sure if I'm going to re-add it.

Edited by randomninjaatk
  • Thanks 1
1 hour ago, randomninjaatk said:

New update should be out that will allow you to set which list types to process. Effectively enabling that feature.

Oh awesome! I'll give it a try when I have some time this afternoon.

1 hour ago, randomninjaatk said:

Also curious, what format are you looking to convert too? The original script used to have conversion features built in, not sure if I'm going to re-add it.

I'm interested in converting to ALAC, myself. Decided it's finally time to move my library to Lossless, and i'm still committed to iTunes (unfortunately) for the time being.

I read through your previous script and it was pretty thorough with available options and processes, so I can imagine it was quite a headache keeping it up to date.

Edited by Kudagra
  • 1 year later...