Terminal Documentation?

Whatever I do with the Unraid terminal it does not work for me. Is there a documentation anywhere?

- Typing exit does not exit/close the Terminal

- No Arrow Keys?

- No Tab?

- Backdelete leaves the commandline with spaces and non-printable characters

- No copy, Paste?

The only thing that works for me is Typing a command without any mistakes - I can't correct mistakes because it leaves me with non-printable characters.

I'm currently Out Of country. Usually I use a SSH Tool with my Android tablet but this time I can't connect with SSH to my Servers thru a Wireguard tunnel. Can't figure out why. The Unraid GUI works thru the tunnel.

Edited by hawihoney
3 hours ago, hawihoney said:

Whatever I do with the Unraid terminal it does not work for me. Is there a documentation anywhere?

- Typing exit does not exit/close the Terminal

- No Arrow Keys?

- No Tab?

- Backdelete leaves the commandline with spaces and non-printable characters

- No copy, Paste?

The only thing that works for me is Typing a command without any mistakes - I can't correct mistakes because it leaves me with non-printable characters.

I'm currently Out Of country. Usually I use a SSH Tool with my Android tablet but this time I can't connect with SSH to my Servers thru a Wireguard tunnel. Can't figure out why. The Unraid GUI works thru the tunnel.

The only one of these symptoms that is normal is the exit command not exiting (a known bug) and having to close the window to get out of the terminal.   Everything else you mention works fine for me (and I think most people).   What browser are you using?

There is no specific documentation as when terminal opens you should simply be running bash and standard Linux documentation covers that.

I'm working with Chrome Browser on an Android Tablet. Only standard soft-keyboard. Do I need to install a different Android keyboard?

Please have a look at the Screenshot. I did enter "ls -lisa" - nothing else. On the second Screenshot I did enter two Backspace and ended up with that.

Screenshot_20200302-122631.png

Screenshot_20200302-123138.png

Edited by hawihoney

I  am afraid I do not have an Android system to check this on :(   The closest I have is an iPad ant there funning the chrome browser seems to work fine.   I can see your problem in the screenshots and that is not the behaviour I see. on my iPad.  Hopefully someone with access to an android tablet will be by shortly and be able to comment.

Just had a thought - it might be worth cheeking what the TERM environment variable is set to (mine is "linux") once terminal starts