It rebooted - why?

I've been moving files to my new server.  I was awakened at 4:00am, and checked on it, everything was fine,  I got up at 6:15, and the server was powered off.  I do have it on a UPS, and besides, if we lost power I would have immediately woken up.

I turned it on, and went to the System Log.  The earliest event it shows is at 6:17.  Is there a location to see older log information?

It's now doing a parity check (my initial one just got done yesterday 😞 ).  But my other problem is my external drive I was copying from shows up in Unassigned Devices, but I can't Mount it, the option is grayed out.

So... how can I see the older logs, and how can I Mount the external hard drive?

You have to turn on Syslog mirror to flash (settings -> syslog server) to see pre-reboot log.

Try clicking on the black icon with plus sign on the right hand side of the sdx text. The mount button may be enabled there.

If it doesn't work then you might want to try checking the drive in another computer.

Random power off could be an issue with your PSU.

28 minutes ago, Jeff in Indy said:

Is there a location to see older log information?

Not without enabling the syslog server mirroring to the flash drive within settings - syslog server

29 minutes ago, Jeff in Indy said:

but I can't Mount it, the option is grayed out.

You probably need to install the unassigned devices+ addon for UD

29 minutes ago, Jeff in Indy said:

server was powered off.

Assuming that it's not AC related (or P/S), then my primary suspicion would be the CPU overheated and the system shut itself off to protect itself.

• 9 months later...

My 1700 Ryzen server had crashed (think it's a c-State issue) after two months usage. I have enabled the 'mirror syslog to flash drive' option but am now struggeling with accessing Unraid's flash drive to look at the log. I have no physical access to the machine at the time, only via VPN. I have tried with Krusader to browse the files tree but could'nt locate the flash drive. For the future I set the option to write to a local server istead. How do I access the log files? Thanks in advance