Mihael: Moving files from one disk to another

On 2/27/2020 at 9:10 PM, Frank1940 said:

Make sure Krusader is doing a 'Move' and not a 'Copy'!!!!!!! 

Hi guys, I have 8 (two of them for parity)  disks and one shows SMART error. I have guarantee and want to send it for a replacement. How can I move or split the data from one disk to other 5 disks with data?

What happens if I stop the array and exclude this disk and take it away? Will unraid rebuild the data on the other disks which are left or do I have to add a new disk?

Thanks!

I have split your post into its own topic because it isn't likely that moving files around is the correct approach to your problem. Might even be that there is nothing wrong with your disk.

Go to Tools - Diagnostics and attach the complete Diagnostics zip file to your NEXT post.

Since some of your ideas are definitely wrong, please don't do anything without further advice.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I assume you mean disk5, if so a few reallocated sectors can be OK, if it remains stable, though it's never a good sign, especially on a fairly new disk, you should at least run an extended SMART test, as for warranty you'll get a refurbished disk, and those are a crapshoot, sometimes the devil you know...assuming the extended SMART test is OK.

Regarding the data in case you decide to replace it, you can use the server with the emulated disk for a few days, especially since you have dual parity, or rebuild to a spare.

• Thanks 1