[Solved] UNRAID locks up

I've setup and installed UNRAID, mainly following Spaceinvader One's AMD guide. After a couple hours it locks up or throws an error. I've attached the diagnostics and a photo of the issue on screen of the device. 

Is there any way of having the logs persist after shutdown?

Really appreciate any help. Nothing really on my drives yet, so I'm willing to restart if needed. 

20200305_064745 (1).jpg

[SOLUTION]

I've been stable for a couple days now, safe to assume @johnnie.black solution worked. Reduced my ram speeds to 2400 instead of 3000 for ryzen second gen.  

On 3/5/2020 at 8:39 AM, johnnie.black said:

tatooine-diagnostics-20200305-0658.zip

Edited by 5252525111
solution

Wasn't expecting quick responses, really appreciate that! 

10 hours ago, testdasi said:

To make log persists between boot, go to Settings -> Syslog Server and turn on mirroring to flash.

Also do a check disk of your USB stick.

I've gon into syslog and turned on mirroring. Hopefully a freeze won't happen but if it does I'll post back here.

As for check disk, are you refering to this https://wiki.unraid.net/Check_Disk_Filesystems ?

10 hours ago, johnnie.black said:

Good to know! Thanks. So I was set to 3000 on a 2700, if i understood this correctly I needed to set it to 2400. Hopefully with this change and the syslog persisting either it won't freeze or I get some good logs. 

Also worth noting what threw the exception:
cpuidle_enter_state

If it continues, try disabling "AMD Cool&Quiet" in the BIOS and see if it stops happening. If it does - try updating the BIOS and see if it persists. It's possible there is a cpufreq issue with the AMD frequency scaling when switching power states; this has happened in the past with new platforms and new power management features with Linux. 

EDIT:
Many users are reporting kernel panics with "cpuidle_enter_state" on Ryzen platforms, Google will reveal. 
Seems to happen on kernel version 4.7x+
Stems from the way Ryzen generates random numbers.
See this ArchLinux forum thread:
https://bbs.archlinux.org/viewtopic.php?id=247900

Adding "nordrand" to the kernel parameters is a band-aid workaround; but AMD has supposedly issued fixed firmware to all motherboard manufacturers. I would update the BIOS and see if the issue persists.

Edited by Xaero

So far I'm at 20h stable, it usually crashed around the 12h mark. I've changed the timings on my ram as @johnnie.black mentioned. 

That being said, I decided to do a precheck on a drive I plugged in. Wondering if the increased CPU usage is preventing the freeze up like @Xaero is mentioning. 

10 hours ago, testdasi said:

Plug your stick to another Windows machine and do a Windows checkdisk.

It is a brand new stick, but I will try that next freeze up or shutdown.

58 minutes ago, Xaero said:

Also worth noting what threw the exception:
cpuidle_enter_state

If it continues, try disabling "AMD Cool&Quiet" in the BIOS and see if it stops happening. If it does - try updating the BIOS and see if it persists. It's possible there is a cpufreq issue with the AMD frequency scaling when switching power states; this has happened in the past with new platforms and new power management features with Linux. 

EDIT:
Many users are reporting kernel panics with "cpuidle_enter_state" on Ryzen platforms, Google will reveal. 
Seems to happen on kernel version 4.7x+
Stems from the way Ryzen generates random numbers.
See this ArchLinux forum thread:
https://bbs.archlinux.org/viewtopic.php?id=247900

Adding "nordrand" to the kernel parameters is a band-aid workaround; but AMD has supposedly issued fixed firmware to all motherboard manufacturers. I would update the BIOS and see if the issue persists.

Hum... BIOS I'm on the latest which was released on 2020/02/19. I'll keep the params in mind, do you think the `Tips and Tweaks` plugin could help with this?