NextCloud question

Hello Yall,

I plan to use next cloud, and i know people recommend doing letsencrypt and SSL and such. but i have a couple things here
1) I want my NextCloud to be local only, but be able to access on outside world via VPN into my network. Is this best option for me?
2) I could do the SSL route and setup a no-ip situation, but my problem is no matter what i do inside my network if i try to goto the no-ip address it auto goes to my ISPs Gateway (Xfinity) Very annoying....
Any Feedback appreciated.

• 1 month later...

If you access via vpn, just set up a basic installation and access it via the lan ip address. eg set the port to 444 and access via 192.168.xxx.yyy:444.  Set to ignore all the security warnings.

Option 2 if it is going by the isp gateway, I assume that is your WAN address.  You need to use letsencrypt docker to route your no-ip address to the server.

If your ISP is feeding you a lan address rather than a true WAN address, that is a different issue.

• 1 month later...