[PLUGIN] GPU Statistics

I'm on 6.12 rc6 and I have an alder lake igpu and an nvidia gpu. I tried to move gpu tiles around on the dashboard. After I hit the lock icon to lock the dashboard and then hit refesh, the order of gpu tiles reverts back to the previous state.  Any clues? 

9 hours ago, doctortt said:

I'm on 6.12 rc6 and I have an alder lake igpu and an nvidia gpu. I tried to move gpu tiles around on the dashboard. After I hit the lock icon to lock the dashboard and then hit refesh, the order of gpu tiles reverts back to the previous state.  Any clues? 

Thanks for the report I can replicate, but nothing has changed in the plugin so will check with the devs.

1 hour ago, wraith1385 said:

Hello,

I recently switched to an intel 12700K.  The GPU statistics were working for a little while after I upgraded 6.11.5, but now it's all N/A, however the igpu is still working fine.

Which version are you running of the plugin.

Can you provide the output of intel_gpu_top -J

58 minutes ago, wraith1385 said:

Version - 2023.05.01

Attached the output as a text file.

intel_gpu_top -J.txt 8.42 kB · 1 download

json looks to be ok.

Can you provide output of 

cat /tmp/gpujson

Should look similar to this. but with fewer entries

Time = Tue, 06 Jun 2023 20:14:38 +0100
{"00:02.0":{"clock":0,"fan":"N\/A","memclock":"N\/A","memutil":"N\/A","memused":"N\/A","power":"0W","powermax":"N\/A","rxutil":"N\/A","txutil":"N\/A","temp":"N\/A","tempmax":"N\/A","util":"0%","vendor":"Intel","name":"AlderLake-S GT1","3drender":"0%","blitter":"0%","interrupts":0,"powerutil":"0%","video":"0%","videnh":"0%","panel":1},"08:00.0":{"clock":"324","fan":"30%","memclock":"324","memutil":"0%","memused":"1","power":"8W","powermax":"87","rxutil":"N\/A","txutil":"N\/A","temp":"34 \u00b0C","tempmax":"101 \u00b0C","util":"0%","vendor":"NVIDIA","name":"Quadro K4000","clockmax":"810","memclockmax":"2808","memtotal":"3018","encutil":"0%","decutil":"0%","pciemax":250,"perfstate":"P8","throttled":"Yes","thrtlrsn":" (gpu_idle)","pciegen":1,"pciegenmax":2,"pciewidth":1,"pciewidthmax":16,"sessions":0,"uuid":"GPU-ef6c0299-f1bc-7b5c-5291-7cd1a012f8bd","plexusing":false,"plexmem":0,"plexcount":0,"jellyfinusing":false,"jellyfinmem":0,"jellyfincount":0,"handbrakeusing":false,"handbrakemem":0,"handbrakecount":0,"embyusing":false,"embymem":0,"embycount":0,"tdarrusing":false,"tdarrmem":0,"tdarrcount":0,"unmanicusing":false,"unmanicmem":0,"unmaniccount":0,"dizquetvusing":false,"dizquetvmem":0,"dizquetvcount":0,"ersatztvusing":false,"ersatztvmem":0,"ersatztvcount":0,"fileflowsusing":false,"fileflowsmem":0,"fileflowscount":0,"frigateusing":false,"frigatemem":0,"frigatecount":0,"deepstackusing":false,"deepstackmem":0,"deepstackcount":0,"nsfminerusing":false,"nsfminermem":0,"nsfminercount":0,"shinobiprousing":false,"shinobipromem":0,"shinobiprocount":0,"foldinghomeusing":false,"foldinghomemem":0,"foldinghomecount":0,"appssupp":["plex","jellyfin","handbrake","emby","tdarr","unmanic","dizquetv","ersatztv","fileflows","frigate","deepstack","nsfminer","shinobipro","foldinghome"],"panel":2},"0c:00.0":{"clock":"N\/A","fan":"N\/A","memclock":"N\/A","memutil":"N\/A","memused":"N\/A","power":"N\/A","powermax":"N\/A","rxutil":"N\/A","txutil":"N\/A","temp":"N\/A","tempmax":"N\/A","util":"N\/A","vendor":"AMD","name":"APU\/GPU","event":"N\/A","vertex":"N\/A","texture":"N\/A","shaderexp":"N\/A","sequencer":"N\/A","shaderinter":"N\/A","scancon":"N\/A","primassem":"N\/A","depthblk":"N\/A","colorblk":"N\/A","panel":3}}

12 minutes ago, SimonF said:

json looks to be ok.

Can you provide output of 

cat /tmp/gpujson

I didn't have a gpujson file.  I had a gpujson2 file

Time = Tue, 06 Jun 2023 14:22:15 -0400
{"clock":"N\/A","fan":"N\/A","memclock":"N\/A","memutil":"N\/A","memused":"N\/A","power":"N\/A","powermax":"N\/A","rxutil":"N\/A","txutil":"N\/A","temp":"N\/A","tempmax":"N\/A","util":"N\/A","error":[{"code":301,"message":"Vendor command returned no data.","extra":""}]}

39 minutes ago, wraith1385 said:

I didn't have a gpujson file.  I had a gpujson2 file

Time = Tue, 06 Jun 2023 14:22:15 -0400
{"clock":"N\/A","fan":"N\/A","memclock":"N\/A","memutil":"N\/A","memused":"N\/A","power":"N\/A","powermax":"N\/A","rxutil":"N\/A","txutil":"N\/A","temp":"N\/A","tempmax":"N\/A","util":"N\/A","error":[{"code":301,"message":"Vendor command returned no data.","extra":""}]}

Yes sorry you are on < 6.12 can you provide a screen print of options.

On 6/6/2023 at 7:29 AM, doctortt said:

There was an issue with cookie name that stores the location not being unique. I have created a fix in 2023.06.09

29 minutes ago, vmonjo said:

Hi,

After installing 23-06-09 the Power Draw shows N/A, I have a Nvidia Gforce GTX-1060 and nvidia-smi shows the power correctly. Any suggestion?

Kind regards,

Vicent

It is a change in the current driver they have change the json output.

Can you confirm that you get GPU and Power output from

nvidia-smi -q -x -g 0 | grep -a power

Hi,

This is the result:

<clocks_event_reason_sw_power_cap>Not Active</clocks_event_reason_sw_power_cap>
                        <clocks_event_reason_hw_power_brake_slowdown>Not Active</clocks_event_reason_hw_power_brake_slowdown>
                <gpu_power_readings>
                        <power_state>P0</power_state>
                        <power_draw>26.89 W</power_draw>
                        <current_power_limit>120.00 W</current_power_limit>
                        <requested_power_limit>120.00 W</requested_power_limit>
                        <default_power_limit>120.00 W</default_power_limit>
                        <min_power_limit>60.00 W</min_power_limit>
                        <max_power_limit>140.00 W</max_power_limit>
                </gpu_power_readings>
                <module_power_readings>
                        <power_draw>N/A</power_draw>
                        <current_power_limit>N/A</current_power_limit>
                        <requested_power_limit>N/A</requested_power_limit>
                        <default_power_limit>N/A</default_power_limit>
                        <min_power_limit>N/A</min_power_limit>
                        <max_power_limit>N/A</max_power_limit>
                </module_power_readings>

Kind regards,

11 minutes ago, vmonjo said:

Hi,

This is the result:

<clocks_event_reason_sw_power_cap>Not Active</clocks_event_reason_sw_power_cap>
                        <clocks_event_reason_hw_power_brake_slowdown>Not Active</clocks_event_reason_hw_power_brake_slowdown>
                <gpu_power_readings>
                        <power_draw>26.89 W</power_draw>
                        <current_power_limit>120.00 W</current_power_limit>
                        <requested_power_limit>120.00 W</requested_power_limit>
                        <default_power_limit>120.00 W</default_power_limit>
                        <min_power_limit>60.00 W</min_power_limit>
                        <max_power_limit>140.00 W</max_power_limit>
                </gpu_power_readings>
                <module_power_readings>
                        <power_draw>N/A</power_draw>
                        <current_power_limit>N/A</current_power_limit>
                        <requested_power_limit>N/A</requested_power_limit>
                        <default_power_limit>N/A</default_power_limit>
                        <min_power_limit>N/A</min_power_limit>
                        <max_power_limit>N/A</max_power_limit>
                </module_power_readings>

Kind regards,

I have created a change but cannot test as my GPU is on older drivers.

Not sure if you are can update the file to test.

Needs to be place here ->  /usr/local/emhttp/plugins/gpustat/lib

suggest  

cd /usr/local/emhttp/plugins/gpustat/lib

Make a copy

cp Nvidia.php Nvidia.old then copy the file into this location.

or you can nano the file and add this code.

if (isset($data->gpu_power_readings)) {
                if (isset($data->gpu_power_readings->power_draw)) {
                    $this->pageData['power'] = (float) $this->stripText(' W', $data->gpu_power_readings->power_draw);
                    $this->pageData['power'] = $this->roundFloat($this->pageData['power']) . 'W';
                    }
                    if (isset($data->power_readings->power_limit)) {
                        $this->pageData['powermax'] = (string) $this->stripText('.00 W', $data->gpu_power_readings->current_power_limit);
                    }
                }

in this section so it looks like this.

if ($this->settings['DISPPWRDRAW']) {
            if (isset($data->power_readings)) {
                if (isset($data->power_readings->power_draw)) {
                    $this->pageData['power'] = (float) $this->stripText(' W', $data->power_readings->power_draw);
                }
                    $this->pageData['powermax'] = (string) $this->stripText('.00 W', $data->power_readings->power_limit);
                }
                    $this->pageData['power'] = (float) $this->stripText(' W', $data->gpu_power_readings->power_draw);
                    }
                        $this->pageData['powermax'] = (string) $this->stripText('.00 W', $data->gpu_power_readings->current_power_limit);
                    }
                }
            }
        }

Nvidia.php

Hi,

Restarted the server and it still show N/a. 

root@Unraid:/usr/local/emhttp/plugins/gpustat/lib# cat /tmp/gpujson*
Time = Sat, 10 Jun 2023 11:11:29 +0200
{"03:00.0":{"clock":"1506","fan":"63%","memclock":"4006","memutil":"0%","memused":"0","power":"N\/A","powermax":"N\/A","rxutil":"1","txutil":"1","temp":"37 \u00b0C","tempmax":"102 \u00b0C","util":"2%","vendor":"NVIDIA","name":"GeForce GTX 1060 6GB","clockmax":"1911","memclockmax":"4004","memtotal":"6144","encutil":"0%","decutil":"0%","pciemax":16000,"perfstate":"P0","throttled":"N\/A","thrtlrsn":"","pciegen":3,"pciegenmax":3,"pciewidth":16,"pciewidthmax":16,"sessions":0,"uuid":"GPU-1d412df9-1ed0-fbaa-8d6c-b74497c3c755","plexusing":false,"plexmem":0,"plexcount":0,"jellyfinusing":false,"jellyfinmem":0,"jellyfincount":0,"handbrakeusing":false,"handbrakemem":0,"handbrakecount":0,"embyusing":false,"embymem":0,"embycount":0,"tdarrusing":false,"tdarrmem":0,"tdarrcount":0,"unmanicusing":false,"unmanicmem":0,"unmaniccount":0,"dizquetvusing":false,"dizquetvmem":0,"dizquetvcount":0,"ersatztvusing":false,"ersatztvmem":0,"ersatztvcount":0,"fileflowsusing":false,"fileflowsmem":0,"fileflowscount":0,"frigateusing":false,"frigatemem":0,"frigatecount":0,"deepstackusing":false,"deepstackmem":0,"deepstackcount":0,"nsfminerusing":false,"nsfminermem":0,"nsfminercount":0,"shinobiprousing":false,"shinobipromem":0,"shinobiprocount":0,"foldinghomeusing":false,"foldinghomemem":0,"foldinghomecount":0,"appssupp":["plex","jellyfin","handbrake","emby","tdarr","unmanic","dizquetv","ersatztv","fileflows","frigate","deepstack","nsfminer","shinobipro","foldinghome"],"panel":1}}

43 minutes ago, vmonjo said:

Hi,

Restarted the server and it still show N/a. 

root@Unraid:/usr/local/emhttp/plugins/gpustat/lib# cat /tmp/gpujson*
Time = Sat, 10 Jun 2023 11:11:29 +0200
{"03:00.0":{"clock":"1506","fan":"63%","memclock":"4006","memutil":"0%","memused":"0","power":"N\/A","powermax":"N\/A","rxutil":"1","txutil":"1","temp":"37 \u00b0C","tempmax":"102 \u00b0C","util":"2%","vendor":"NVIDIA","name":"GeForce GTX 1060 6GB","clockmax":"1911","memclockmax":"4004","memtotal":"6144","encutil":"0%","decutil":"0%","pciemax":16000,"perfstate":"P0","throttled":"N\/A","thrtlrsn":"","pciegen":3,"pciegenmax":3,"pciewidth":16,"pciewidthmax":16,"sessions":0,"uuid":"GPU-1d412df9-1ed0-fbaa-8d6c-b74497c3c755","plexusing":false,"plexmem":0,"plexcount":0,"jellyfinusing":false,"jellyfinmem":0,"jellyfincount":0,"handbrakeusing":false,"handbrakemem":0,"handbrakecount":0,"embyusing":false,"embymem":0,"embycount":0,"tdarrusing":false,"tdarrmem":0,"tdarrcount":0,"unmanicusing":false,"unmanicmem":0,"unmaniccount":0,"dizquetvusing":false,"dizquetvmem":0,"dizquetvcount":0,"ersatztvusing":false,"ersatztvmem":0,"ersatztvcount":0,"fileflowsusing":false,"fileflowsmem":0,"fileflowscount":0,"frigateusing":false,"frigatemem":0,"frigatecount":0,"deepstackusing":false,"deepstackmem":0,"deepstackcount":0,"nsfminerusing":false,"nsfminermem":0,"nsfminercount":0,"shinobiprousing":false,"shinobipromem":0,"shinobiprocount":0,"foldinghomeusing":false,"foldinghomemem":0,"foldinghomecount":0,"appssupp":["plex","jellyfin","handbrake","emby","tdarr","unmanic","dizquetv","ersatztv","fileflows","frigate","deepstack","nsfminer","shinobipro","foldinghome"],"panel":1}}

Restarting will loose the changes  until I update the plugin. You should just change the file and power should be shown.

22 minutes ago, vmonjo said:

I just downgraded the Nvidia drivers to 530.41.03 and it's showing well, the problem appears with v535.43.02.

Yes, because they changed something in the driver and the field where @SimonF reads the value has now a different name and that's why it doesn't work anymore.

He already knows about that and that's why he told you that you have to change the files, if it doesn't work he has to make different changes.

Please give him a bit so that he can go through why it isn't working and provide you another fix for the files to test.

Also keep in mind that he does this in his free time and no one pays him for that so to speak you have to be a bit more patient. ;)

8 minutes ago, vmonjo said:

Hi,

I'm attaching a screenshot, as you can observe Power is N/A and Throttling is also N/A with the new Nvidia driver.

Screenshot 2023-06-10 at 13.23.55.png

Please find revised code, Will look at Throttling.

if ($this->settings['DISPPWRDRAW']) {
            if (isset($data->power_readings)) {
                if (isset($data->power_readings->power_draw)) {
                    $this->pageData['power'] = (float) $this->stripText(' W', $data->power_readings->power_draw);
                }
                    $this->pageData['powermax'] = (string) $this->stripText('.00 W', $data->power_readings->power_limit);
                }
            }
                    }
                    }
            }
        }
    }

can you run nvidia-smi -q -x -g 0 | grep clocks_

root@computenode:/tmp# nvidia-smi -q -x -g 0 | grep clocks_
                <clocks_throttle_reasons>
                        <clocks_throttle_reason_gpu_idle>Active</clocks_throttle_reason_gpu_idle>
                        <clocks_throttle_reason_applications_clocks_setting>Not Active</clocks_throttle_reason_applications_clocks_setting>
                        <clocks_throttle_reason_sw_power_cap>Not Active</clocks_throttle_reason_sw_power_cap>
                        <clocks_throttle_reason_hw_slowdown>Not Active</clocks_throttle_reason_hw_slowdown>
                        <clocks_throttle_reason_hw_thermal_slowdown>N/A</clocks_throttle_reason_hw_thermal_slowdown>
                        <clocks_throttle_reason_hw_power_brake_slowdown>N/A</clocks_throttle_reason_hw_power_brake_slowdown>
                        <clocks_throttle_reason_sync_boost>Not Active</clocks_throttle_reason_sync_boost>
                        <clocks_throttle_reason_sw_thermal_slowdown>Not Active</clocks_throttle_reason_sw_thermal_slowdown>
                        <clocks_throttle_reason_display_clocks_setting>Not Active</clocks_throttle_reason_display_clocks_setting>
                </clocks_throttle_reasons>