[PLUGIN] GPU Statistics

I just upgraded to 6.12.1 and suddenly (at least for now) the Power Draw graph is working perfectly.  It goes up and down with respect to the amount of power being used and then back to zero when transcodes stop.  Go figure?

Does my IGPI support Blitter Load?  This has never reported anything but zero.  I just removed it from the display.

Edited by craigr
8 minutes ago, craigr said:

I just upgraded to 6.12.1 and suddenly (at least for now) the Power Draw graph is working perfectly.  It goes up and down with respect to the amount of power being used and then back to zero when transcodes stop.  Go figure?

This is completely random, if it stops working it stops and usually won't work again until you reboot. It should be always fixed after a reboot, at least from my experience (this is also not platform specific, I know this issue from Sandy Bridge - 2nd gen Core-i series up to Raptor Lake - 13th gen Core i series.

8 minutes ago, craigr said:

Does my IGPI support Blitter Load?  This has never reported anything but zero.  I just removed it from the display.

Yes, but it's not used for transcoding, usually it's used for drawing stuff on screen by calling the blitter function if I'm not mistaken.

EDIT: You can learn more about blitter here: Click

• Thanks 1

Potentially redundant question but one I can not seem to find a clear answer to.

I am running an RTX 3060 in my system, passing it through to a Windows 11 VM.

The Nvidia-Driver plug-in states to not install it at all if the GPU is being used within a VM, even though it does not automatically switch any of my dockers over to using the GPU.

Does this mean I can not install or use GPU Statistics?

Would be nice to be able to view my GPU Stats from my Dashboard instead of having to remote into the VM every time, especially if I am rendering or performing a GPU-intensive task and just want to keep a track of my Stats almost like an indicator of whether the render has completed.

1 hour ago, Luuutece said:

Yes.

Would be nice to be able to view my GPU Stats from my Dashboard instead of having to remote into the VM every time, especially if I am rendering or performing a GPU-intensive task and just want to keep a track of my Stats almost like an indicator of whether the render has completed.

There is a prometheus exporter for Windows in combination with MSI Afterburner.

• Thanks 1

Potentially redundant question but one I can not seem to find a clear answer to.

I am running an RTX 3060 in my system, passing it through to a Windows 11 VM.

The Nvidia-Driver plug-in states to not install it at all if the GPU is being used within a VM, even though it does not automatically switch any of my dockers over to using the GPU.

Yes the card is bound to the VM so the host drivers cannot see it.

• Thanks 1
On 6/22/2023 at 1:34 AM, ich777 said:

This is completely random, if it stops working it stops and usually won't work again until you reboot. It should be always fixed after a reboot, at least from my experience (this is also not platform specific, I know this issue from Sandy Bridge - 2nd gen Core-i series up to Raptor Lake - 13th gen Core i series.

Yes, but it's not used for transcoding, usually it's used for drawing stuff on screen by calling the blitter function if I'm not mistaken.

EDIT: You can learn more about blitter here: Click

Naturally you were correct.  It's back to the way it was again.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Pmarszal said:

After binding the vfio at boot, the GPU Statistics plugin no longer functions.

This is expected since you are telling your server to exclusively use it in VMs and so to speak Unraid can‘t talk to the card anymore because it‘s bound to VFIO.

1 hour ago, Pmarszal said:

Is there a solution to make this plugin work while the vfio is bound?

No, but there is a Prometheus plugin out there which you can use in combination with MSI Afterburner to export the metrics to Grafana for example and see the usage and so on.

3 hours ago, Pmarszal said:

After binding the vfio at boot, the GPU Statistics plugin no longer functions. Is there a solution to make this plugin work while the vfio is bound? I require the binding for GPU passthrough to one of my VMs. I appreciate any assistance.

You don't have to bind the GPU to vfio but it is recommended to do so. But if you need to share between VMs and Dockers you do not need to bind. When the VM is running the GPU will not be available to the host services like docker.

But as ich777 said you cannot get stats via the GPU stats plugin when bound or the GPU is in use on the VM.

12 minutes ago, jcofer555 said:

just installed the intel gpu top and gpu statistics plugins and it doesn't find my 13700k igpu, also tried intel_gpu_top from terminal and says no discrete/integrated i915 devices found. any idea how to get unraid to work with this igpu?

can you post diagnostics?

8 hours ago, jcofer555 said:

just installed the intel gpu top and gpu statistics plugins and it doesn't find my 13700k igpu, also tried intel_gpu_top from terminal and says no discrete/integrated i915 devices found. any idea how to get unraid to work with this igpu?

You may want to make sure your iGPU is set as the primary GPU in your BIOS.  Not AUTO or PEG.

My GPU Statistics was working a few Unraid versions ago. I could switch between the iGPU and installed Nvidia. However there was an UNRAID version that said the GPU Statistics plugin was incompatible, so it uninstalled upon upgrade.  I decided this week to check to see if there was any movement on it and I was happy to see that there was.

Yesterday, i reinstalled GPU Statistics and it only shows the Nvidia card. I reinstalled Intel GPU Top and rebooted and still no change. I took some advice above and set my bios default to CPU Graphics and still no change.

The GPU Statistics works fine with the Nvidia and I can see processes, but it would be nice to figure out how to show the iGPU or at least switch back and forth again.

Diagnostics attached.

Any help or suggestions are greatly appreciated.

CPU: Intel Core i7-11700K

MB: ROG STRIX Z590-E

RAM: 64 GB DDR4

Graphics: Nvidia GeForce GTX 1050Ti

Info.JPG

diagnostics-20230706-1434.zip

1 hour ago, Keelhaulers said:

My GPU Statistics was working a few Unraid versions ago. I could switch between the iGPU and installed Nvidia. However there was an UNRAID version that said the GPU Statistics plugin was incompatible, so it uninstalled upon upgrade.  I decided this week to check to see if there was any movement on it and I was happy to see that there was.

Yesterday, i reinstalled GPU Statistics and it only shows the Nvidia card. I reinstalled Intel GPU Top and rebooted and still no change. I took some advice above and set my bios default to CPU Graphics and still no change.

The GPU Statistics works fine with the Nvidia and I can see processes, but it would be nice to figure out how to show the iGPU or at least switch back and forth again.

Diagnostics attached.

Any help or suggestions are greatly appreciated.

CPU: Intel Core i7-11700K

MB: ROG STRIX Z590-E

RAM: 64 GB DDR4

Graphics: Nvidia GeForce GTX 1050Ti

Info.JPG

diagnostics-20230706-1434.zip 198.41 kB · 0 downloads

lspci is not showing the igpu. do you have it enabled in the bios?

58 minutes ago, SimonF said:

lspci is not showing the igpu. do you have it enabled in the bios?

I'll pretend I know what your talking about...lol

per screen caps attached, I did not have the iGPU multi-Monitor function enabled. Once enabled, I have the selection for both NVIDIA and the iGPU RocketLake graphics.

Can't be certain this was what you meant, but it seems to at least get me moving forward. 

I did think checking BOTH cards in the GPU Statistics Unit ID would show both on the Dashboard, but that's not the case. at least I can toggle between the two of them.

Thank you for taking the time and providing some information, it's much appreciated.

Cap2.JPG

Cap1.JPG

13 minutes ago, Keelhaulers said:

I'll pretend I know what your talking about...lol

per screen caps attached, I did not have the iGPU multi-Monitor function enabled. Once enabled, I have the selection for both NVIDIA and the iGPU RocketLake graphics.

Can't be certain this was what you meant, but it seems to at least get me moving forward. 

I did think checking BOTH cards in the GPU Statistics Unit ID would show both on the Dashboard, but that's not the case. at least I can toggle between the two of them.

Thank you for taking the time and providing some information, it's much appreciated.

Cap2.JPG

Cap1.JPG

You should have two panels initially one will be in column 1 and the other in 2 on the dashboard.

If you ru. lspci in the terminal it will list alll pci devices igpu was missing.

2 minutes ago, Keelhaulers said:

Yeah, that's where is was! Wow, I feel stupid. Again, thank you for all your help!!!

I know has it is the way I coded it 🙂 but you can move to any where you want. now on 6.12 by clicking on padlock top right side.

11 minutes ago, SimonF said:

I know has it is the way I coded it 🙂 but you can move to any where you want. now on 6.12 by clicking on padlock top right side.

Yep, appreciate that. 

Last question and I will go away...

The NVIDIA has an Active Apps section (mine currently running Tdarr).

I don't see it for the iGPU, is that a setting or just not a thing for this situation? (I run Plex off the iGPU)

Thank you again for everything. I hope at least my situation will help folks in the future with my same issues.

/Keelhaulers

Capture.JPG

2 minutes ago, Keelhaulers said:

Yep, appreciate that. 

Last question and I will go away...

The NVIDIA has an Active Apps section (mine currently running Tdarr).

I don't see it for the iGPU, is that a setting or just not a thing for this situation? (I run Plex off the iGPU)

Thank you again for everything. I hope at least my situation will help folks in the future with my same issues.

/Keelhaulers

Capture.JPG

Yeah that is only on nv.